You know you're desperate when...

2sweetkittys

1. You buy heels that are nearly a whole size larger than what you normally wear (.i.e., I wear a 7 half of the time and 7.5 the other half, but I am willing to bid on a pair of size 8 boots, LOL) 2. You buy heels in a color you wouldn't normally wear on your feet, because you happen to like the style and designer... 3. Your heel buying habit impacts your other purchases (you buy a pair of shoes rather than something you really need, like say a Kindle or netbook!)

Well, if you are willing to go a size smaller, then you know you're REALLY desperate! Sadly, that actually happened to me. I was out shopping and saw a pair of 6.5s reduced to a third of its price. They were gorgeous too. And when I was trying them on, they SEEMED to fit. That SEEMED was good enough of an excuse for me. I did end up wearing them when I presented a paper at a conference. And promptly took them off afterwards because they hurt like crazy. That was a lesson learned.

Hey! Are you talkin' to me? Huh! I know who I am! Is there something else to buy besides the heels when I want them? Forget the rent, utilities, food, and etc. Some people can be so undecisive in some things, but not me when it come to a lovely pair of stilletos. (Have I proved the title, yet and does it sound familiar?) Sounds like a normal reaction for a person who has been extensively deprived of a desired choice.

LOL! I haven't forgotten food and utilities just yet...BUT I've worked extra days at my second job which I really can't stand at all (grading essays for standardized tests). Honestly, I keep telling myself I'm going to quit so i can work on my book but it helps pay for the shoes and other things I really don't need;--) I signed up for a whole month's worth of grading after finding a few heels and purses I wanted to get very badly. (As of now, I've decided I don't want them...but there are some new ones I feel that I just have to get!)

• 2 weeks later...

2SweetKitties:-) A size 8M heeled boot may fit you perfectly. I take a 7.5M in a high heeled pump, but my boots are either 8M or 9M depending on the manufacturer. You need the extra size in order to get your foot down inside of the boot and usually the shaft fits my calf very nicely. I always wear pantyhose with my pumps and boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great--or dang--you "made" me buy those boots, DawnHH:) They've been listed at least twice since I first posted...I kept thinking well not really. I have enough boots. But after getting a long beige-ish ruffled cashmere sweater just days ago, I thought you know, these boots would look really great underneath it with a ivory turtleneck and matching leggings. Then I saw your post and rationalized--yes! (Now I'll have to search for the turtleneck and leggings, LOL.)

It must be...must be the black hole at the post office! That's right. The post office. It has managed to suck up my checks into the hole while miraculously delivering my packages. (What I want to know is...why are ebay stocks rising so slowly?! You'd think with all the spending I do there, it would go up more than $2 since I bought them!)

Guilty! I hate to admit it but to satisfy my heels jones, I have bought some high heels for the sake of buying some high heels. One pair in particular I looked at them later and thought, why did I buy these? I ended up selling them.

2SweetKitties:-) Sorry---I was just pointing out some facts to help you decide whether you should buy those boots or not. Hope that you can find an outfit to wear them with. Keep us posted and maybe a pic or two if you think you should. BTW---Do the boots fit? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hello, DawnHH--they seem to fit! I say "seem to" because I haven't actually tried them on with hose yet. I still have to find a pair of beige leggings or capris and a top that are nearly the same color as the boots but will coordinate with the sweater.