Introducing myself, Dave from the uk

Hi to all members! My name is Dave and I stumbled onto this site whilst doing some research for my website. I then found a thread talking about my shop! I joined up and hope that I can chat with heel lovers that would be happy to chat about likes and maybe help with some new designs. I will not post our website address on the forum as it is against the rules but I will add to the existing thread that discusses our products. I hope that we can chat soon and I am happy to upload plenty of pictures :pulsingheart::blinkbigeyes:

Davidhayler:-)

A welcome to you for joining here and your pics will be welcomed also.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thank you! Appreciate the kind welcome.

Can I post Auctiva links to a few pictures to get me started? I have lots of pictures to share so Im eager to get my gallery up and running :blinkbigeyes:

Hi David , I'm glad you were able to find this site and i'm sure you will enjoy reading all the great topics discussed here. Also,the shoe pictures you have uploaded in your album are really nice, absolutely beautiful heels. I checked out your web site and have to say the collection of shoes is impressive. All the designs are top notch and appear to be well crafted. The pricing also seemed very reasonable to me for designs of this caliber. I would certainly buy from this site in the future. However , i do have two issues that did not appeal to me: #1. The index for finding items was a bit difficult to quickly scan and and might be better if organized in catagory groups instead of all items listed alphabetically(unless i missed the main home page) #2. This is the most important issue by far: please offer more shoes and the pair of boots in sizes that go up to at least a 44 (it would even be better if they were all available in larger sizes). Moreover, i was also wondering if you have the shoes made for your site or do you just distribute? Was just wondering because you may have some influence with the maker in offering larger sizes . If you feel uncomfortable answering this question about your business i understand and just ignore. I only ask because a few of the shoes and the boots are not listed as available in my size (9uk,43eu) and therefore could not purchase...i'm sure there might be other members here that would also be interested but would need in sizes larger than an 8uk or 41eu. Once again, welcome here and congratulations on a fine web site .

Hi David ,

I'm glad you were able to find this site and i'm sure you will enjoy reading all the great topics discussed here. Also,the shoe pictures you have uploaded in your album are really nice, absolutely beautiful heels. I checked out your web site and have to say the collection of shoes is impressive. All the designs are top notch and appear to be well crafted. The pricing also seemed very reasonable to me for designs of this caliber. I would certainly buy from this site in the future. However , i do have two issues that did not appeal to me:

#1. The index for finding items was a bit difficult to quickly scan and and might be better if organized in catagory groups instead of all items listed alphabetically(unless i missed the main home page)

#2. This is the most important issue by far: please offer more shoes and the pair of boots in sizes that go up to at least a 44 (it would even be better if they were all available in larger sizes).

Moreover, i was also wondering if you have the shoes made for your site or do you just distribute? Was just wondering because you may have some influence with the maker in offering larger sizes . If you feel uncomfortable answering this question about your business i understand and just ignore. I only ask because a few of the shoes and the boots are not listed as available in my size (9uk,43eu) and therefore could not purchase...i'm sure there might be other members here that would also be interested but would need in sizes larger than an 8uk or 41eu.

Once again, welcome here and congratulations on a fine web site .

Hi jsphcass,

Firstly thank you very much for your kind feedback and opinions. I work on the site every day and joined this site to improve my own using the opinions of others to "mould" the site. I am also more that happy to discuss my business with the members (as long as criticism is constructive!) as it will give you all a better understanding of how I work.

Secondly...the sizing issue. I can have the shoes made up to (and probably even larger still) EU45...but if I order over standard sizes (EU41 is usually the largest standard size) then we need to have a new heel mould produced to make the larger sizes. I must also order a minimum of 10 pairs (currently, working hard to get this number lower) for each size over the standard sizes. If I don't have the buyers lined up ready to buy straight away then extras lie around in my warehouse and don't sell quickly. This means I can't expand the range (which I prefer to do while I grow steadily) and limits my options.

If any members find it hard to buy larger shoes and would like me to order in larger sizes (and there is a demand) then I will do so.

I do have the black patent tribute shoes (yellow sole) and the grey suede tribute shoes arriving soon in EU size 44. We had a few orders for EU44 so I got a small range in.

A quick last point .... explaining how my business works. We take an order from a customer and either send the shoes straight away (if in stock) or I have them hand made to order. We are sent the shoes from our crafts team (yes, in china), we inspect and check them before forwarding them to the buyer. I find that the "middle man" quality check is very important as I have rejected a few pairs and had new ones made.

The build and material quality is excellent (trial and error lead me to our current supplier). I added our website to the Wholesale, Retail and Internet section so if anyone would like to view our range and offer opinions I am hear to listen :blinkbigeyes:

HI David I'd like to take a moment to personally welcome you to our community and tell you what a truly refreshing change it is to see a retailer join us in such a positive manner and not just give us another drive-by-spamming :pulsingheart: All too often retailers forget that the business relationship is so important and forget their customers are real poeple who buy things from those they trust, which is why spammers never get any return on their labourious efforts from long term, loyal customers... Well, we wish you every success and sincerely look forward to hearing much more from you in future... Why not share any horror stories with us or funnies if you have any as I'm sure a lot of members would like to hear the tales of a retailer..... :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hi Tech, Thank you for the kind welcome, already starting to feel at home on the forums :blinkbigeyes: I have had all sorts of issues/problems but not many horror stories to date (fingers crossed it stays that way!). Size is always the biggest issue, which Im sure is the case for any online shoe retailer. For anyone looking to provide feedback or offer opinions please do so on our thread under the Shoe Wholesale, retail and internet stores section as I have a link to our store there. May I also take this opportunity to say thank you so much to all members that have sent messages so far. Look forward to chatting with more of you soon.

HI David

I'd like to take a moment to personally welcome you to our community and tell you what a truly refreshing change it is to see a retailer join us in such a positive manner and not just give us another drive-by-spamming :happy:

All too often retailers forget that the business relationship is so important and forget their customers are real poeple who buy things from those they trust, which is why spammers never get any return on their labourious efforts from long term, loyal customers...

Well, we wish you every success and sincerely look forward to hearing much more from you in future... Why not share any horror stories with us or funnies if you have any as I'm sure a lot of members would like to hear the tales of a retailer.....

:pulsingheart:

I agree with Tech that it is refreshing to have another "seller" present himself in a "positive" manner.

While I am not one of the members that has difficulty purchasing heels in the size that I need, I am truthfully thankful that so many of our members have another outlet to find a supply of shoes that they can comfortably wear. This should greatly reduce the anxiety large footed men and women feel whenever they spot a style they really like and are unable to purchase because "they don't have them in my size."

While I think that David's joining us is great, I would encourage all of our members not to forget our Lovely Gina who also sells high quality woman's shoes in beautiful styles. While looking over David's offerings why not also take a quick at Gina's offerings at Elite Heels.

David, you are, on my part, welcome here, absolutely. Thanks for joining and presenting your offerings. We can not, however, ever forget how much joy and happiness Gina has brought to this forum over the years by posting her pictures and helpful, witty comment.

:blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba136, Thank you for the kind welcome and acceptance into the forums. I have not had the pleasure to chat with Gina yet but if I get the chance to do so in the near future maybe we can help eachother aswell as other members. Maybe just maybe in this case two heads will be better than one :blinkbigeyes: I have added a link to the forum from my site so hopefully I can introduce a few extra heel lovers to the community also. I will try to stay signed in and online most of my working days (which is generally 11am Uk time - 2am UK time the following day, yes I work long and hard!) so I am available to answer all and any questions. I will admit (quite openly in fact) that I am still quite a novice in the shoe business. Still learning alot day to day so please don't be afraid to have a rant and rave at me if you think I can do something to improve. Had so much fun reading through the forum that ive lost track of time, must dash off to send my orders :pulsingheart:

Hi Tech, I don't Im afraid :pulsingheart: I will though admit that there is nothing sexier on a woman than a stunning pair of high heels. Having an interest in a subject certainly helps when trying to sell the products and that is the case on this occassion. Most (if not all) of the shoes that I stock were selected by me with a small amount of research to determine how well they would sell. Seeing as we don't stock any flats I think its safe to assume that I am a heel fan :blinkbigeyes:

Tech:-) That question came to my mind too but you beat me to it. If he would try wearing heels himself, then he would know how they felt, were they comfortable or not, and if there were any problems of fit, sizing, widths etc. and could better advise his custmers of the in's and out's of his products. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Tech:-)

That question came to my mind too but you beat me to it. If he would try wearing heels himself, then he would know how they felt, were they comfortable or not, and if there were any problems of fit, sizing, widths etc. and could better advise his custmers of the in's and out's of his products.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hi Dawn,

I see a few issues with this. I am not a heel wearer and never have been, so I don't know what to look for in the feel or being able to walk in them.

In part this is one of the reasons I joined up to the forum. I am looking for advice and opinions, so I was hoping that the members might help me with regards to sizing, widths, etc.

Hi Dawn,

I see a few issues with this. I am not a heel wearer and never have been, so I don't know what to look for in the feel or being able to walk in them.

In part this is one of the reasons I joined up to the forum. I am looking for advice and opinions, so I was hoping that the members might help me with regards to sizing, widths, etc.

Grab a pair and put them on! Nothing beats buying from people who truly do know their products...

I give you an example, I go to various model shops around the south to get parts and radio equipment etc, now, my local modelshop, nice friendly people, but generally dont know very much about RC Models, but they are cheaper.

My preferred modelshop is 15+ miles away, more expensive, yet they are true experts and have even produced their own range of aircraft, built in-store, are all flyers themselves for many years and you can ask them pretty much anything and there isnt anything they dont seem to know or can help you with..

To me, thats priceless. By the right product first time and dont screw up an expensive plane....

Buy from the guys who are not so "in-the-know" and its a bit of a black-hole gamble.

If we said to you "Do your sizes run true or are they slightly smaller/bigger" or do one type feel steeper than another, your not going to know as you have never tried first hand...

Ever met a car salesman who doesnt drive?

Your young enough to enjoy it and to get away with "product testing"

Do you have a shop on a high street with big windows (Where passers by can look in) or do you work from home where your on your own without passers by looking in?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hi Tech, I understand your points entirely. I know a few girls that are more than happy to get involved and help out but I am looking for a wide variety of opinions. For example, the girls have quite narrow feet. I know alot of the guys have wider feet and wear larger sizes, so assistance in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to a number of members that have messaged me so far. I will head to the meet up forum section soon to possibly organise a northern meet up for anyone that would be willing to offer opinions and views. More to follow! P.S I will make this my last post in the introductions section as I don't want to clog up the forum and opportunity to new members.

Well send me some shoes and I'll give you an opinion, totally free of charge! If they are as great to wear as they look I'll even write a review on here... I take size 9 and can wear a variety of heel heights!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.