Men in skirts on the View

Mr. X

Did anyone happen to catch "the View" today. Not that I regularly watch it but I happened to be flipping through. During their "hot topics" segment they mentioned that "H and M" is now featuring skirts for men. They then had 3 male staff members come out and model them. They definitely looked different but they didn't look half bad either in my eyes. They proceeded to ask the men how many would actually wear them day to day and 1 guy raised his hand out of the 3. Then later designer Vera Wang was out as a guest and she mentioned that she doesn't see the male skirt trend catching on. There are apparently clips available on the internet but most of the sites I tried were blocked for Canadians like me.

The clip on The View didn't impress me. They just, for the most part, took guys who were wearing what they did, and put them in skirts - no bothering to coordinate a look for them that would be worn well or anything. I think they were trying to brush it off as a negative thing and didn't put it forth as a positive change in men's attitudes about wearing skirts.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Men's skirts is rearing it's head again then? 1985, 1997, 2010... every 12 or 13 years or so then... Look out for Men's Skirts in the shops again about 2022-3...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The clip on The View didn't impress me. They just, for the most part, took guys who were wearing what they did, and put them in skirts - no bothering to coordinate a look for them that would be worn well or anything. I think they were trying to brush it off as a negative thing and didn't put it forth as a positive change in men's attitudes about wearing skirts.

That is the same impression that I got. The ladies definitely didn't seem the least bit interested or amused. And the outfits were definitely not well put together.

But at least the trend got some mainstream media attention. Whether it was good or bad.

You should send this, as is, to the View...

hades

• 2 weeks later...