Nice shopping experience

yozz

The day before Christmas my wife and I went together to Nijmegen to have a look at an exhibition and to do a little shopping. As it turns out there is a nice shoe shop there (M van de Ven) and they had a sale They are specialized in bigger sizes (important for my wife as she needs a 42). We looked around and found her a very nice pair that was really comfortable, marked down from 125 Euros to 50 Euros. Good and soft leather. We decided to buy them. Then we started looking for me (size 40 or 39). We found a nice boot, marked down from 125 to 70, and looked neutral enough that I may get away with it even to wear at my work. The heel is a block heel of two inches. Hence I sat down to try it. This was not a very big shop and within a few seconds one of the ladies came over to help. She was a somewhat older lady, probably in her fifties. She didn't blink an eye and went to get the other boot and we discussed the fit and I said that in one zone it was a little bit tight. She explained that because it was leather that would probably go away soon and if not I could come back and they would stretch it a bit. Then when it came to the price, she said immediately that if the boots for my wife were 50, mine would be 50 as well. You do not get service like that every day I would say. In all we left the shop very happy. We have been wearing our boots at the Christmas dinner in a big restaurant and afterwards we were both very content as they are really comfortable. I hope to get a picture soon. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Hello Yozz, It's interresting to see that your feet are even smaller than your wifes. Your size is 39 or 40 ... I'm jealous... You can go shopping on women side of the aisle without any problem. Maybe the mens section could be problematic for you, as the sizes often start from 41 only. And for shure you made a bargain there...:cry1: Nijmegen is not that far away from me, only a little more than 100 km. Maybe I should look for that shop, too. Cheers Marhil711

Here are the promised pictures. The first is at home in front of the mirror. The second is at the Christmas party. The third is my wife at the Christmas party with her new boots. We measured that the heel heights are identical. Y.

post-10328-133522899761_thumb.jpg

post-10328-133522899763_thumb.jpg

post-10328-133522899764_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I agree---a great looking pair of boots that you should be able to wear anywhere and at anytime.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

There's not a great deal of difference between the boots that you were wearing and those that your wife was wearing. Really, the only way you could possibly make a connection that the boots your wife was wearing were women's boots is because she is wearing a dress and white tights. You, on the other hand, were wearing pants -- so, the connection would work the other way for you...So, you should never have a problem wearing them in public because they sure look like men's boots to me........:blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

For mens boots they are a bit high (5 cm). I have been wearing them over a pair of tight leather pants as well. Sometimes that gets some looks. Not so much in Amsterdam but in Utrecht it did (my wife noticed, I didn't). But indeed, they are neutral enough that I don't mind. I just see it as running ahead of fashion. I am not ready yet to take them to work though as I work in an environment that is totally 'anti-fashion' (academic world, scientists.....). You make any fashion statement there, you get lots of remarks. But eventually, for a first time, these would be perfect. Plus that they are very comfortable and hence after a short while you 'forget about them' which is very good for your mind. Y.