My Friday in High Heels

roniheels

I had another day off of work and to myself and couldn't wait to spend the day out-and-about in high heels. I wore a three piece Stratford suit with my black patent leather ellie pumps with ankle strap and 5" stiletto heels.

http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/0900631b81700f42M.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharphttp://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-75637565720273_2078_109904973

I started out the morning by going to breakfast at a small cafe called Sonia's. That early in the morning there were only myself, the waitress, and the cook. I had a light breakfast with coffe and the waitress was so nice to me but kept looking at my high heels. She just kept smiling at me and as I paid my bill and left she simply wished me a good day and kept looking at my high heels, but she never mentioned them.

I wanted to grab some more coffee so I stopped by a small convenience store where a very young woman from India was working the counter. As I entered the store I said goodmorning and she returnrd the greeting but with wide eyes started staring at my high heels. As I paid for my coffee she was cordial, but still wide eyed and said nothing about my high heels, but watched me all the way to my car as I left.

About that time Kohls was opening up so I decided to look at some of their shoes. As I entered the store, I noticed that all of the store personnel were women. As I walked across the tile floor in my stileto heels I noticed that all of the clerks were watching me. As I was looking through the shoes, a female customer came over and was trying on different boots. As I was looking at a couple of pairs of high heels that interested me, she asked if I was looking for something for my wife or GF and she said she would be glad to help me. I told her that they were for me, but they didn't have my size in the pairs I was looking at. She had a raised eyebrows look on her face and then she looked down at my shoes. She looked up at me again and said, "OK, then." I walked away toward the exit and she was just slightly smiling at me and looking at my shoes.

I noticed I was low on gasoline so I pulled into a gas staion/convenience center. As I was filling my car, several men (construction workers) were watching me and just staring at my high heels. As I walked back to my car to leave, I noticed that I now had an audience of several people just watching me. No one said a word and as I drove away, everyone went back to their own business.

I next went to a place called the Spice Rack where they sell teas, coffees, jams, honeys, and of course spices. As I entered, everyone there has seen me many times come in wearing high heels so the greetings were friendly and everyone was helpful. As I got my jams I was buying, the female clerk asked me to show here what high heels I was wearing today. I pulled my pant legs up plenty high so she could see full view of my shoes. She said they were so pretty and said thay looked good with my suit. Everyone there wished me a good day as I left.

I next went to my favorite used book store to check to see if they had gotten in any of the old Tom Swift books. The female clerk said she had gotton some but turned right around and sold them. I found another book I was looking for and I paid her for it. I have been in that store many time and she always looks at my high heels for the longest time, but never says anything to me about them. And she is always nice to me and cordial when I leave.

I was driving along and I pulled in to a Payless shoe store to see what they had in my size. I found a pair of demi boots that seemed to fit OK but there was no price on them. When I asked what the price was on them, it was much more than I had anticipated and I todl them I would pass on them today. Here is what they looked like.

Posted Image

As I was driving along with no real agenda I spotted an exotic boutique that I had never visited. I stopped in to look around and I found a pair of black leather high heel pumps with a very pointed toe and 4.5" thin stiletto high heel. They were size 11 (I normally wear a 12) buy they fit so well and they were on sale. As i took them to the counter to pay for them, the sales woman asked if I wanted to wear them out of the store. I showed her that I was wearing high heels with ankle straps and I told her that I would just take them with me. Here is what they looked like.

Posted Image

I next went to the public library to look at CD's and DVD's to check out. There weren't a lot of people at the library and all of them noticed my high heels, but no one said a word and went back to their own busines. I made my selections and went on my way. As I passed many people on my way to my car, everyone looked at my high heels, looked at me and smiled, and went on their way.

I decided I needed to get a haircut and and have not done so while wearing high heels. I went to a salon that was not real crowded ( a woman was leaving as I came in) and told the female stylist I needed a haircut. She was so very nice to me and noticed I was wearing high heels. We conversed while she was cutting my hair and finally said, "I couldn't help but notice you are wearing high heels." I told her that I enjoyed wearing stiletto high heels, I wore men's high heel shoes and boots to work, I had a narrow foot and high arch and high heels are really more comfortable, and I said someday, maybe when I retire from my company, I would wear stiletto high heels like the ones I was wearing today to work. I told her that I always admired women who wore talored suits with stiletto heels and that was the look I was wearing. She was so nice and said it is a nice look and a nice look on you. I told her that I hoped one day any man could dress like this and no one would even give a second look. She gave me her card and asked me to please come in again.

I went next to the exotic boutique that a female friend of mine owns. She didn't have too many shoes in my size in stock. She said she would order a pair for me, but I noticed that her prices had increased significantly. I told her that I would hold off today ordering a pair. I didn't tell her I bought a pair from her competition. She had several people in her small store and was trying to help all of them. They all noticed the high heels I was wearing and when people looked at them and at me I said, "I bought these here and they are so comfortable. I highly recommend them." My friend smiled and thanked me for coming into the store.

I went to Taco Pronto for lunch and the place was packed. I got my food, sat at a little table and ate. I crossed my legs when I sat there and my high heels were in plain sight. Everyone noticed, but no one said anything to me and no sour looks or negative comments.

I next went to the movies. This again was the first ime I had gone to the movies wearing high heels. I saw the movie "District 9." This was a very intense, well made movie, but not for the faint of heart. Again, everyone I came in contact with noticed my high heels. People looked, stared or smiled, but nothing negative was said or conveyed.

I finally ate supper in a small restraunt and again everyone could see my high heels and there was no negative reaction.

That was my day in a nutshell. My overall observation was that maybe everyone's minds are on the economy, employment, the wars, gas prices, etc. I once again got nothing buy positive or very little reaction to me wearing high heels in public. Maybe the tatooed, pierced, and heavy-make-up wearing people have paved the way for others to dress as they want, wear what they want, and then live and let live. It was another wonderful day of wearing high heels in public. I can't wait for my next day off.

Enjoyed you sharing your outing roni. I also think people have already seen it all and a man wearing heels really isn't no big shock to most people anymore. Sounds a lot like my last outing. A few smiles, positive comments and on there way.

real men wear heels

Greetings roniheels :-)

What a nice day wearing heels.

I liked it when you said "I wore men's high heel shoes and boots to work"

Is-there such a thing as "men's high heels shoes ?" :w00t2:

Well done :chuckle:

I have a pair of men's dance shoes with 2" heels that I wear when I go ballroom dancing. I wear those to work often. They're not really that hgih of a heel compared to other I wear, but they are a man's shoe with a higher heel.

Roni, Great account of your day; thanks for sharing it and inspiring us all. Were you wearing nylon hose or trouser socks or were you bare legged? If wearing hose or socks, what color? And, if I may ask, are you fair skinned or dark? The reason I ask is that, as Thighbootguy has noted in the past, contrast gets attention. If a person's skin is light and he wears nude hose or no hose, the light color skin of the instep contrasts with the black shoes and makes it a lot more obvious from the front that they have a low throat and that they're women's shoes. Wearing black hose with black shoes makes them less noticeable as women's shoes (although a pointy toe or shiny patent surface would be a quick giveaway). Just wondering what color hose, if any, you wore. Steve

Roni,

Great account of your day; thanks for sharing it and inspiring us all.

Were you wearing nylon hose or trouser socks or were you bare legged? If wearing hose or socks, what color? And, if I may ask, are you fair skinned or dark?

The reason I ask is that, as Thighbootguy has noted in the past, contrast gets attention. If a person's skin is light and he wears nude hose or no hose, the light color skin of the instep contrasts with the black shoes and makes it a lot more obvious from the front that they have a low throat and that they're women's shoes. Wearing black hose with black shoes makes them less noticeable as women's shoes (although a pointy toe or shiny patent surface would be a quick giveaway).

Just wondering what color hose, if any, you wore.

Steve

I was wearing dark blue hose that matched my suit. I have rather fair colored skin, but I always wera darker colored hose with my high heels. The high heels I wore were slightly pointed toe and black patent leather. One could clearly see that they were women's high heels. Thank you for your comments and questions.