any good mail order catalogs

DGMurdock

• 2 weeks later...

Are you meaning, "places to buy other than local stores", or specifically "mail order", and "not internet"? Although there are companies that will still send out catalogs, short of seeing them in the store, I think websites are the way to go. Particularly good are ones like endless.com (I think now actually owned by Zappos), where they not only have decent filter selections (style, color, heel height, brand, etc), but also have multiple views (endless.com typically has 7 views of each shoe, along with a way to magnify any picture). Even if say a company's catalog did include ALL of their merchandise, there's no way they'd be able to duplicate those features in a printed catalog. That being said, it's still nice when you're more in a 'browse' mode to be able to pick up a printed catalog, and look thru it, vs to scroll through endless screens on websites.

Almost 20 years ago, as nearly as I can remember, my wife was looking through a fashion magazine and came across a coupon for subscribing to shoe catalogs. Fill it out, send it to the address listed and receive, free of any charge, catalogs from about 60 different fashion retailers (My favorite was catalog was Fredrick's of Hollywood.) We received so many different catalogs that it became really very annoying to have to empty the mail box of 3 or four different catalogs every day. We quickly learned that mail order firms share addresses. And we began getting catalogs from everyone that ever thought of using the U.S. Mail as a way to peddle their wares. My wife saved them for a couple of discovered that we were getting them from at least 60 different companies. It took several years and two changes of address to finally stop them. So, be careful what you wish for. There can be too much of a good thing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.