Hollyoaks (Channel 4)

euchrid

Does anyone here watch this prog.? As a 40-something geezer, i'm way outside the target demographic but I occasionally get to see it when my daughter is watching. It's a far-fetched teenagers soap opera basically but it can be fantasticaly rewarding viewing due to the number of foxy girls and high heels on display. One girl in particular is rarely seen without a pair of PVC stiletto over-the-knee boots. :) Other characters regularly wear teetering stilettos, wedges, dolly shoes, strappy platforms - you name it. Well worth tuning in for, particularly the omnibus on a lazy Sunday. Also - there's a bisexual cross-dressing character in it. It's great to see a man wearing heels on TV without it being treated as comedy (the usual approach - see Boy Meets Girl, etc, etc.), unfortunately, the negative stereotyping just gets reinforced everytime he does so - "men who wear womens clothes/shoes are gay or bisexual". You just can't win with this, can you? Still, it's better than nothing. Please give it a watch and let me know your thoughts.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Not that I watch the tube too much, but is this program international? I don't even remember seeing it being advertised in my area.

That must be in the UK since the poster is from UK and I seem t remember they have a channel 4 in UK. I have not seen this program broadcasted in Sweden either.

/Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

I've seen Hollyoaks from time to time when my stepsons are watching it - but I have to take care not to give it too much attention or they start to think that I'm taking a pervy interest in certain of the (female!) characters. Yes, there are some nice looking girls (and shoes) to be seen, but not many of them are exactly bursting with GCSEs, are they? As for the crossdressing boy (Kris. is it?), I got the impression that he is merely a somewhat effeminate bloke who wears skirts, make-up and heels most of the time but seems to be well-accepted by his friends. A role model for many here, perhaps? I wasn't aware of him either being bisexual or the butt of many of the usual comments, but then I haven't paid too much attention.

Greatings Euchrid :-)

Looks like an interesting TV program indeed. I will look in Youtube for sure.

If you find a Youtube clip showing that guy, would be nice if you could post the link here...

(In the meantime, I will look on my FTA satellite receiver to see if channel 4 is available somewhere)

And for those who wants to watch TV channels on the internet from many

countries around the world see this link http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

There are 58 channels listed for the U.K. (But unfortunalely, channel 4 is not there...)

For the non UK viewers - a couple of screen shots so you can see what we're talking about (same character - two episodes). Apologies for the quality, they're taken from the video on-demand section. Spiker. PS.Pic2 - isn't this how we ALL dress to do a bit of baking? :)

post-10376-133522890185_thumb.jpg

post-10376-133522890198_thumb.jpg