Shoe obsessed - 240 pairs so far!

Hey Guys I live in London and I would go so far as to say that I have an obsession with shoes! I currently own 240 pairs of shoes (It'll be 241 on Monday, I've just bought another pair online which will be with me then ;)) I HAVE to keep the boxes - which has caused a logistical nightmare at home.... the airing cupboard is where I keep them all now, I find this is the best place as it's warm and dry - I used to squeeze them all into my wardrobe, but I was finding that sometimes (particularly in winter) you'll open up a box and the shoes inside will be damp ... only ever happened on the ones I haden't worn/opened in years tho. Anyone else ever get this? Some of my favorite brands are Dior, Carvela, Stuart Weitzman, Irregular Choice and Christian Louboutin. Not sure if anyone on here saw the Fashionistas range by Kurt Gieger a few months ago? SOOOO STUNNING! I bought Nolita and Bermondsey - both very unusual in design - I particularly like the way the platform has been added, although because it's like a block that's been stuck on the sole it's easy to fall off them. If I could change anything about myself it'd be my feet - high heels have left them looking HORRIBLE! (Well I think so anyway). I hate them so much I can't wear flip flops or sandles, very annoying in Summer.

Welcome sophie5271! Storing shoes is always an issue. I keep the boxes, too. I live close to the water so dampness can be an issue. I haven't had any specific problems with this yet, but I'm always checking for mold, etc. Once again welcome to HHPlace! ;)

Welcome to hhplace, sophie5271 :penitent: It's great to have you join us here on our high heels forum. 241 pairs of shoes. ;) I probably would have around the same number except my wife insists that I clean out my shoe closet at least twice each year. So, I probably just have 80-100 pairs still resting in the back of our walk-in closet. Additionally, it seems like even more than unlikely any man would have that many pair of heels and other styles of woman' sshoes that he wears on a daily basis. I'm sure, since you have so many different styles from so many different brands, that you'll be a great source for advice to all of us on the good and "sad" points of each style, brand and manufacturer. We're all looking forward to reading about your adventures and experiences shopping for and wearing your high heels. Please jump right in and join the fun. We're delighted to have you here. :penitent:;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Only 241 pairs? Fantastic! Just think that when your collection reaches 365 pairs that you can wear a different pair of shoes each day in the year. Welcome to the HH Forum. Tell us more of your adventures in high hjeels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks guys! It's nice meeting you all, albeit 'virtually'! Btw, that 241 is now 242... went out shopping today and bought the most divine leopard pumps from French Sole - normally I don't like flat shoes, but these are sooo cute!! hehehehe!

Only 241 pairs? Fantastic! Just think that when your collection reaches 365 pairs that you can wear a different pair of shoes each day in the year. Welcome to the HH Forum. Tell us more of your adventures in high hjeels.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yep, it would take me about 3 1/2 years to wear each of mine!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Wow, Dr. Shoe. That certainly is an extensive collection you have and makes my collection pale by comparison. Cudos! No wonder they call you Dr. Shoe. I guess that he who dies with the most shoes wins. No competition from my end. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!