Cabot Circus Bristol + Observations

mikeheel

I went to look around the new shopping area in Broadmead, Bristol. I have come back with a pair of brown/stitch detail shoe-boots 5" spike (They have a vertical zipp on the inside ankle) and a pair of plain black round toe pumps with 4.5" square heel. These were both from NEW LOOK who have a huge range of shoes in leather and very good prices. Size 41 and some lines are in size 42, worth a look. I also went into ALDO which has a similar range and, although size 41 / 42 are available, there sizes run a little smaller but worth a visit. HOUSE OF FRASER has a great shoe hall with plenty to try on. As I was already wearing my new shoe-boots I was approached by a nice woman who asked me my opinion on which flat pumps she should choose. She really liked my new purchases and we chatted a while. I went into several other shoe shops but these three were outstanding. The staff are so helpful even though I have to keep asking for different sizes and styles, they just keep on bringing more out for me to try. NEW LOOK has all its stock on the shelves, so you help yourself, so I was there for over an hour ! I thought I heard an abusive comment from some men behind me as I walked along ("F***in H**l look at *** ") etc. I slowed up a little and looked in a window. As they went past I heard them saying "That's f***in amazing I wonder where he got them" and " Wait till' I tell so & so". They were curious and the swearing was part of their amazement and this is the point...They were interested not aggressive. It is easy for me to jump to the wrong conclusions about what other men might think, but I am no more a target for abuse than anyone else who 'does their own thing' and these days the streets are full of people 'doing there own thing' I was wearing well fitted jeans, cut to about an inch off the ground, and a beautiful shirt with lots of detail. I have heard it said that when I wear heels everything suddenly falls into place...the way my garments hang ...the way I walk...my confidence is boosted and women find that attractive and sometimes don't themselves know why. They look at the whole image, and find it attractive, in an instant, without even necessarily registering that I am wearing heels. Every man who likes to wear heels needs to find a look that works for them ; we all need more mirrors in our homes ! M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

I went round Cabot Circus with Heelfan shortly after it opened. I was in girl mode though but HF was in stilettoes and neither of us drew any comments at all. New Look is fabulous and I bought a pair of lace-up knee boots with a 5" heel. I wasn't going to because I didn't really have the money but HF told me that I should as I probably would never get the chance. I'm glad he talked me into it because I have lived and died in them ever since.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Mikeheel, it's too bad you don't have any pictures to post. I'm sure we'd all love to see how nice your purchases are.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us Mikeheel. Very nice choices. I like them all. And I DO agree with the person that says that maybe we need more mirrors in our homes. Full length ones, eh? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Perhaps I should show the pair that the black ones are to replace as they look shabby .....

What's the heel height of these? They look pretty easy to walk in, despite the height. It looks like you got a lot of use out of them...