Gust for fun

Schernus

For skirts and pants, you can get a good starting point by subtracting 20 from your waist size i.e. men's 36 inch waist = size 16. You've really got to try them on to see, as the variation is huge. Lengths are S=short/P=petite=28-30 length, R or nothing is regular length -- about 31-33, and over that is usually T=tall/L=long. I typically wear 16 in women's pants, but I've found 18's I couldn't get into, and 12's that fit fine. The W sizes (16W) are larger by a couple sizes, but generally too loose in the hips for men. For shoes, add 1 1/2 or 2 to your men's size, though there is variation among brands and by style. Woman's tops are made narrower in the shoulder so end up too short for me, they don't reach my waist or wrists. If you walk into the fitting room with a pair of woman's jeans or a skirt, nobody is going to notice or care. You can always add some men's clothing on top.

A reminder for those shopping for women's jeans or pants:

Even sizes (12-14-16) are adult sizes

Odd sizes (11-13-15) are junior sizes and got no hips (The best choice for most of us guys)

I always buy my jeans from the junior department and they are always a perfect fit for me ;)

Onyourtoes and Daniel have added some great information for you to go by, but in the long run, you will just have to try things on for correct sizes to fit your body. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Or you can try them at home and take them back a few days later... Experience will soon tell you which clothes will fit and which won't.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I wear 12 in bottoms but 14 or 16 in tops and dresses because of the shoulders. The biggest problem I have is my ribs. Dresses that do not have any give around the bottom of the rib cage require a larger size because my ribcage is larger. I wear a corset or waist cincher under my outfits to give me a waist. When I do, I can wear 8 or 10 bottoms. If I wear the corsets enough, my ribs will shift inward allowing me to wear proper tops. I figure this could take a couple of years. What I do to be able to comfortably wear sexy strappy stilettos in public. My wife said I totally passed last weekend. A couple of guys told her they were going to ask me out until she told them who I was. They couldn't believe it.