Mini Meets in Bristol?

Dr. Shoe

• 2 weeks later...

Just a week to go now. I don,t see a time and place to meet up. I have a long drive so meeting up around 11.30 am will be ok. If you are going then let me know as it not going to be much fun if I,m there all on my own.

Hi All! The BRISTOL HEEL-MEET for this SATURDAY 1st AUGUST is now definitely ON!!! Therefore, all arrangements are now POSTED on another special sister thread "BRISTOL HEELMEET SATURDAY 1st AUGUST 2009". Please refer to that thread for all the details, and post on that thread if you plan to attend. Hope to see you there! Cheers, HEELFAN

Onwards and upwards!

This heel meet went very well. I got there late but still had to wait for another member to turn up. We had a quick look round most of the shoe shops at Cribb's Causeway. Found a pair I like in New look but didn,t buy as I wanted to look round the other shops first. I am sure these shops would sell more if they arrange shoes in sizes. Having to keep asking the sale girl for a shoe in a size 9 each time gets boring and I want to move onto the next shop. We then went over to heelfans shop and he made very welcome and made us a cup of tea. He has some very nice shoes there. I still wanted to go to Carbot Circus so the other Simon and I walked down there. Faith did have their shoes in group size and I found a pair of slingbacks in a size 8 [i,m a size 9 most of the time] that fitted very well but was not sure I that was the style I wanted so didn,t buy. New look had a huge selection of shoes. I was in shoe Heaven. Much better then the New look at Cribb's Cause way. I found a pair of Brown leather court shoes that I wanted to buy but did not have in my size. I did buy a pair of blue wedge slingback for £10 which I wore driving home. Wished I had more time to look around these shops but time was getting on and I long drive home. Left around 7.15pm.

REPORT ON OUR BRISTOL HEEL-MEET OF 1st AUGUST 2009 Yes, to confirm the other above postings by attenders, the Heel-Meet went very well. Especially when we only confirmed it on HH Place five days beforehand and we got eight attenders: ILoveHiHeels from Petersfield, who brought along his red patent stilettos. Nhoj62 from Nailsea. Mikeheel from Bath who wore his Fuss court shoes model 1919-1820-Nero-A in black leather with a 5" semi-slim heel (Xaphod is also a keen buyer of this model). Me (Heelfan) from Bristol wearing my 4 1/2" beige stiletto ankleboots. Si (Simon) from High Wycombe who wore a pair of black Mary Janes with semi-chunky heels Dr. Shoe in Tara mode with silvery-grey dress and 6" heels (3/4" platforms) Dr. Shoe's friend John from Gravesend Dr. Shoe's friend Dawn from Oxford who was sadly unable to wear heels due to a torn achilles tendon. We had an enjoyable look around several of the shoe shops in Cribb's Causeway Mall and some lunch. Then the group drove into central Bristol in convoy and visited Peachy Shoes where Dr. Shoe purchased a pair of 6" heels with rapier-thin lower sections with the toe-box and ankle strap in lime green suede. Simon and ILoveHiHeels then walked down from there to Broadmead and Cabot Circus (see the above report), and later Simon joined Dr. Shoe and friends at Davina's yacht marina headquarters for the evening's transvestite party. This was extremely enjoyable and well attended, and is the venue that has been proposed by Dr. Shoe for the next World Heel Meet around May 2010. A great time was had by all, and we recommend all those of you who missed out on this Heel-Meet to be sure to try and come and enjoy future events! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!