My morning in high heels

roniheels

I took an extra day off from work so that I could run some errands. Even though the weather was rather warm, I wore a three-piece black suit, gray dress shirt, black tie, black panty hose, and the high heels pictured in my avatar.

I had to get gas in my car and I wanted a cup of coffee, so I went to a convenience store to gas my car. As I stood there putting the gas into the tank, a woman maybe between 60-70 years old was also getting gas. She looked at me and then at my high heels and just gave me a blank stare. I walked across the parking lot from the pump to the store and a very big man with a shaved head walked out of the store several steps ahead of me. He looked at me and my high heels and a big smile crossed his face. He stood there and stared at me and my high heels as I entered the store. He then just got into his car and drove away. The clerk was a young Asian woman who greeted me as I entered and she looked down at my high heels. She just kept smiling at me while I clicked across the tile floor to get my coffee. As I paid for my coffee, she very quietly said, "I like your shoes." She giggled a little bit as I thanked her and told her, "these are my favorite pair of high heels." She had a bigger smile on her face as I left the store.

I went to my favorite used bookstore to look for a series of books I've been collecting. I passed by another elderly woman as I went into the store. She stared at my high heels, looked up at me, said nothing, and then got in her car and drove away. The woman in the bookstore is probably in her mid to late 40's and is always friendly to me. She always looks at my high heels, but never says anything about them. She helped me find my books, took my money, and told me to please come back again. As my stiletto heels clicked on the tarazo tile floor, I looked back over my shoulder and she was watching my high heels as I left the store.

I went to the spice store to pick up some tea, jellies, and honey. There was another tile floor in this older building and my stiletto high heels made a distinctive sound as I walked around the store. All of the employees were male and female college-aged people who were very helpful to me as I looked for the items I requested. As I left the store, all four employees smiled and watched me leave the store, glancing back-and-forth at me and my high heels.

I next went to the library to look at some CDs and DVDs. The library was full of all sorts of people, male and female, all ages. The floor was carpeted so as far as noise is concerned, my high heels didn't draw initial attention. As I walked all around the library looking for my items, I started noticing the glances I was getting. Some strared, some looked and then looked down or away, some smiled, some whispered, some frowned, and some just looked and went on their way. A cross-section of reactions from a cross-section of people.

I next went to a clothing store to pick up a new shirt for work. The male clerk showed me what I was looking for then stared at my high heels. He was a man about my age, give-or-take, and as I paid him for the shirt he said, "does anyone give you any grief for wearing women's shoes?" I said that most either compliment me or basicly say nothing. He said he was surprised someone didn't want to give me trouble for wearing high heels. I told him with the way all people dress today, most people don't care. He thanked me for the purchase and told me to be careful.

I went into a small grocery store to pick up a few things and again I walked across a tile floor. It wasn't very busy but everyone who was in there stopped what they were doing and watched me as I walked through the store. As I checked out, the clerk was nice to me, but I could tell she felt uncomfortable. Everyone watched me leave the store as I walked out, and they said nothing.

I went to a small Mexican cafe for a bite of lunch and the young waitress noticed my high heels. She was somewhere between 17-21 years of age. She said " those are pretty shoes. I don't see many men wearing high heels in public. Are you concerned with what people might think?" I told her that was the key. I didn't care what people thought. I told her that I thought high heels are pretty on both women and men. I told her I was hoping that I was starting a trend. She gave me a big smile and said, "No offense, but I like wearing high heels when I go out with my boyfriend, and I don't want to see him wearing high heels, unless he was wearing cowboy boots." So I said as long as they are "men's" high heels, you don't have a problem? She said she thought that was correct, but she said anyone should be able to wear what they want. Like a previous person, she told me to be careful where I went while wearing high heels.

I was driving toward home and I say a store called "Lilly's Shoes." It was a store of women's shoes, especially high heels. There were hundreds of pairs, but only three pair my size (12) and I didn't care for the styles. She had many pairs of size 11. She told me to go ahead and try some on. There were so many pairs and I had to make a phone call at a certain time. I told here I would be back when I had more time. It was a dream come true for those who love high heels.

I came back home to make my phone call, watch a movie, and type out this post. I would have to say this was another possitive outing wearing high heels in public. When I have more time to go to Lilly's and try some high heels on, I will report it to the my friends here at High Heel Place.

A wonderful outing roniheels! I love to read about your outings because they are always so positive, which is a reflection you you and your attitude while out heeling. I particurally love how you get so many comments and interact with many people. I may have five outings to have such wonderful interactions. Also, you are a wonderful writer and include so much detail in your reports. Your outfit sounded fantastic...a suit with heels is a great look for a man. Thanks for sharing!

Style is built from the ground up!

Well it sounds like you had a jolly good day off roniheels, not only to you get all of you tasks done but you got out and about wearing your heels and on the whole got positive comments....an inspiring day out:smile:

Roniheels:) You do exactly what I have said so many times. Only I use the word chores. Put your heels on and go about whereever your day takes you and have fun doing it. Mickey and I have done this many times , but not recently because of our illnesses and surgeries. Love reading your stories and your positive reactions. Keep them coming. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!