Oxford

Duck

Not a thread about oxford style shoes although they do look really cool. I havn't been out properly for ages, I don't really think walking around where I live (shared kitchen and stuff) counts. Anyway I went to visit a good friend in Oxford and since I don't really know anyone in Oxford and she knows (first person I told in fact) I thought I might as well take the opportunity. So I get on the train to Oxford and its pretty quiet so I put on my shoes ready to get out a different man. I've never gone across London in heels, it seems I always end up in a bit of a hassled mess on the underground so best not to have another thing complicating it. So I somewhat nervously got off in Oxford and found her at the station, no comments and all was good. Later we went for a walk around the town, quite busy around as normal and I don't think anyone noticed even and by this point I didn't care anyway. It turned into by far the longest walk I have done in heels and left my feet aching a bit at the end of the day but it was really good. The only problems were all the old streets with cobbles and grates on things that are really hard/impossible to walk over with heels. Also they won the boat race, kinda sucks when you're the only Cambridge student in an Oxford pub. You can see I wore them under long jeans so they were pretty hidden to people not paying much attention, like normal. Also my duck had a fun time :winkiss:

post-8047-133522882904_thumb.jpg

post-8047-133522882913_thumb.jpg

post-8047-133522882914_thumb.jpg

Oxford is my home town although I no longer live there. Glad you had a good time (it's beautiful city - especially in the summer). I like your outfit. Very nice boots. BTW - that first picture looks like you're outside the Sheldonean Theatre on Broad Street.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

That is indeed where it was taken, my duck (called Mr. Duck or Quacky) certainly drew more attention than my shoes getting that picture.

I bet! I had a similar duck that I kept on my desk in a previous job a few years back. I bought him for charity. I think I gave him away though when I was having a previous clear out.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

There is a small group of us getting together for a few drinks on saturday 9th May in Oxford. Further details on request.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I like the boots, but you are a little to discreet for my tastes. An inch off the ground looks better and saves on the back of the pant leg hem. Otherwise; way to GO, it takes guts to do it. Enjoy!!!!

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Well done Duck, sounds like a good outing and a successful day. Did you get any comments later from your friend? As with some of the trouser length comments within the thread they do look a touch long. Just a touch on the ground to an inch above can be passed without all the bells and whistles from the public, but confidence is the overriding factor. Well done Al

I havn't gone out too many times so thats why I wore long trousers, just helps give me the confidence to go out to start with. As for my friend, I've told her basically everything about it before and she doesn't care what I wear at all. So all she said about it was that they had a pretty decent sized heel on and how I could walk around all day in them. She never wears heels so was quite impressed by that.

Greetings Duck, Nice job on the walk about. The looks are nice and discreet and certainly gives the confidence to do more of those walks. Try the boots, it is another great adventure to be done in the cooler months. Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...