Wearing 5inch stilettos at the office

lovelyjc

I am normally in 5" heels to be honest, and a lot of the other girls in our office wear 4 or 5" shoes too. There are a few low platforms worn too so I think if they're good looking shoes nobody will mind. Obviously depends what else you wear with them tho.

Hi, I think Roz is right. Its what you wear with them that will draw attention to them, ie a micro skirt! I wear 4" to 5" heels daily, in fact I'm wearing boots with 5" heels now, and I've only ever had compliments, and the obligatory "how do you manage to walk in heels that high" when I wear them. I don't know what you wear to work but if its an office then I take it you wear a skirt/trouser suit (or close enough), in which case you shouldn't really be wearing short skirts to work really. Thats just my opinion though but you must decide on that. Anyway have fun and enjoy S. x

I think it really depends entirely on your office environment. Whether or not you work in an office in the sex trade or a school or estate agents, science lab or social services can make a difference. Of course it can make a difference if you run that office as well.

I agree with Roz, Sue and Amanda. Office enviroment and what your wearing with them make all the difference. You have to judge. Just don't be afraid to take a chance. Whenever I look in the mirror and think "I am not sure if this is appropriate for work" then it usually isn't. Have fun, Peggy

I wish I work in your office . There's only a few of us wear highheels . I always wear long tight skirts and a nice top . That's why i was asking .. The women I work with always say something when i wear 4inch . i want to start wearing 5inch heels .

I work in quite a young office, so it's quite easy for me to get away with being a bit more adventurous. We see a lot of clients and so we always have to wear something smart, and ballerinas don't really cut it. Most people wear at the very minimum 4" heels, a few wear 5" heels (including a fellow heels fan who has about 100 pairs) although often these are platforms.

I work at a car dealer and I wear 5" and 6" heels to work. I get asked "how do U walk in these" all the time, and most of the people I work with are guys, so they of course aren't going to complain. I agree with everyone else tho it all depends what kinda office u work in and what u wear with ur heels. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

"how do U walk in these"

Jen

Lol, if only I had a penny for each time I've heard that!

On the subject of suitability for office wear; it also depends which country or rather, city, you're working in.

I agree with all of you. There is no way for me to wear Ugg boots to work in the classy office, especially in this cold winter. But also don't forget the choice of color is important too. Usually I wear black or dark brown leather boots to match up with my business skirt suits or pants suits and my leather handbags. Not to mention, the footwears need to be polished daily.

Boot me up, Boot me down

When I was in the non uniform branch of the police, mid to late 1970s, I reqularly wore 4 inch heeled black pumps. I then graduated to custom made 5 inch and 6 inch spiked heel pumps. It took me a while to master 6 inch spikes; a great deal thigh muscle and foot ache but it was worth every minute. My husband had made a pair of 7 inch spikes wiyhout a platform. Not easy but with foot training -, I did wear them to work. I would never done it differently.