Who's been out in the snow then??

mikeheel

We've been getting a lot of snow over here in the past month. I take my evening walks in heels (2 mi, after dark), and found that one of my pair has excellent traction in both the fore area and the heel, so I now wear them exclusively in snow/ice.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

We had a snow event here at my place last Monday. I got up about 0730 and when I looked out the kitchen window noticed heavy snow flurries taking place. I made myself a cup of coffee and by the time I got dressed and into my office to begin my day, the sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly. Had I realized that this would be the only chance I would have perhaps for the rest of our winter, I would have walked out on the back deck just to say that I had "walked in the snow" this year. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

We have been a bit of snow here for the last two, three days or so. Yesterday on my way to office. I was in my black stiletto 4" knee high boots, a light grey skirt suit and my long black coat. Was a bit cold. Was a bit slippery too, me trying hurry to catch the bus but I made it. On my way from the bus to the office I have about a ten minutes walk. That´s when its no snow. In my high heel boots it took me a little longer. I made a slip or two but nothing I coulden´t handle. Suddenly I heard a voice from behind. It was a guy from my office asking me if I need a bit of support. If would hold on to his arm. I looked up to him, smiling, saying "Yes please". I didn´t wanted to say no to his kind offer. I could manage on my own but I didn´t want to say no to him either. So I took firm grip on his arm, then we walking to the office. I can manage walking in my heels in the snow but this was such a nice gesture. I let him think I coulden´t Chaio

I was surprised myself how well I did in the ice and snow in Pennsylvania and Connecticut with the 4" stiletto boots (in the avatar). I really expected to take some good slip and slides but was fine!

It's all about the heel!