Bootking's Heeling Excursions Across Pennsylvania

Bootking

Although this trip took place January 17 to 21, I wasn't able to provide the pictures and a picture is worth a thousand words. My first stop was at the gas station where I pumped my own gas in a busy station and then to the outlets in Tannersville (picture 1). I was wearing herring bone grey flare slacks and Nine West Bhavino 4" black leather ankle boots. I browsed through the mall and went into the Nine West Outlet and Shoe something or other (I tried on in both stores but didn't find anything satisfactory).

Then, further west on I-80 stopped in a McDonalds clicking away and continued to a small town near the Ohio border. I was visiting a relative and wanted to bring either flowers or gift box of wine. I had already changed earlier (Picture 2) to the Bhavino boots and X-2 boot cut jeans. But as I had wanted to wear the boots over the jeans for the longest time, this was going to be the place. I changed into 4" Nine West Gallivant black leather knee boots, (Picture 3) carefully tucked the jeans into the boots and through the snow (yes it was snowing!) and ice, I walked into the liquor (package) store. Neither the man nor woman said anything nor acted strange but there was no doubt that the saw the boots and heard the clicking as I followed the woman around the store to make the selection. The transaction completed, I left and was driving out of the parking lot when I saw a CVS store. As I was looking for reading glasses to wear with the contact lenses and some other things, I went in, walked around - and the same thing, no comment! I made my purchase and left. Sadly, after that stop, I changed back into "normal" clothes to my destination.

When I left on the morning of the 20th, my first stop was McDonalds next to the outlets at Mercer, about 40 miles from Ohio on I-80. It had snowed that morning and driving and walking was difficult so no heeling in the snow at that point. I had wanted the Gallivant boot (or something similar) in brown leather for a while and guess what, they didn't have it in my size (11)! But the saleswoman checked the computer and the Lahaska, PA store had it (not the way I was headed at all). The end result was for $7, it was shipped home with an expected 3-5 business day delivery, so for $56 it was truly a bargain. I was the only customer and tried on a few pairs but didn't buy anything else. By then it was off towards Pittsburgh to meet a friend. I broswed Baker's and Nine West at the Monroeville Mall for a hot minute and then stayed with my friend.

On Wednesday the 21st I had to leave for Conn. as I had an important appointment on Thursday morning. I was wearing Levi's 511 skinny jeans, dark blue and the Bhavino boots under them. I stopped at McDonald's and then really hit the road (Pennsylvania Turnpike). Later, as I got to Wilkes-Barre, I needed gasoline and food. I stopped in the gas station, pumped the gas and went inside to use the facilities and buy some water. I heard a guy laugh to his companion, but whether it had anything to do with me or not, I really didn't know and didn't care. And then, I really pushed my envelope completely - I went for dinner at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in my knee boots over my skinny jeans (pictures 4 and 5 - they are not the same jeans but you get the idea). This was the view of the patrons and waitresses / hostesses / cashiers while I was having my well deserved dinner! Even I couldn't believe myself, high heeled stiletto boots in full view!

I stopped again in Scranton to see the Scranton Mall but couldn't stay long (wearing the same outfit). A woman and I chatted in the elevator down to the parking area but nothing about the boots.

My last stop was for gas in Fishkill, NY again as dressed above.

Not to mention numerous rest stops, etc. seeing people seeing me but not a word!

I guess they must see guys in stiletto boots every day - LOL!

HappyFeat and I were supposed to meet but he had a family occasion (as I did) so we had to take a heeling raincheck.

Can't wait for the next excursion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-9697-133522879589_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879593_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879597_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879603_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879605_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

I wanted to post pictures with the Levi's 511 skinny jeans that I wore to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Wilkes-Barre but I found that not only did I have mine in the car but I also had a pair of my wife's J. Crew "Matchstick" skinny jeans. So, below are pix of me in the Levi's (first two) and the J Crew (last three). You can be the judge as to which of the two has the better fit of the skinny jeans pair. The second pic is what I wore at Cracker Barrel; the Gallivant high black leather boots.

Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart to return some things and get some other things. I wore the J Crew skinny jeans with the Bhavino boots underneath. I actually surprised myself as to how well I walked in them all around the store and how they didn't pinch at all with the 4 1/4 stiletto heel. From their, to Lowe's Home Improvement to buy a heater to work in the garage and some extension cords. Again, all around the store, as above, and no comments at all. People were just as polite and nice with my stilettos as I would expect them to be with the boring "men's" flats.

post-9697-133522879633_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879644_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879655_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879671_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879771_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Bootking: In a word----WOW! What great pictures! What great boots! What great adventures! I am SO envious of you! Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Welcome to Pennsylvania, Bootking! The outlet mall near Mercer is about 40 miles from where I live in PA. It's about a 40 minute trip south on I-79 from my home. I've bought several pair of shoes there over the years. Glad you enjoyed yourself here.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Bootking, what a great trip! I am envious- I would love to take advantage of a long road trip to do some heeling. I deeply regret that we were unable to connect during your excursion but I am happy to see you had such a great time and got to wear some fantastic outfits.

Style is built from the ground up!

Bootking:-) Welcome to Pa. and especially the Pittsburgh area. I really enjoyed your story of your travels in some great outfits that you presented very well on your trip. It's too bad that you and Happyfeat couldn't have connected up as I'm sure you both would have had a great time, an possibly I could have connected if I had known that you were coming through and if I were available. Let us know if you come through Pa. again in the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH.

High Heeled Boots Forever!