walk on icy/slushy side walks

heelma

As it's rather icy out here right now, I couldn't resist the opportunity to go for a walk with some Payless platform slingbacks with "slender" (not to say stiletto) heels tonight. Never did this before, and I was quite curious to see how it is. Result: I don't really see why it should be that much harder to walk on slushy/icy surfaces than with flat shoes. In contrast, I found that if I put more pressure on the heel, the heel can almost act as a spike anchor that prevents sliding. Did anybody else try this before? (I bet so ...)

Only in my block heel knee highs. Now I'll have to try it in stilettos. Makes sense about using the heel for a spike though. I have seen a lot of women out around Canton in heels without a problem in the ice and snow.

real men wear heels

Only in my block heel knee highs. Now I'll have to try it in stilettos. Makes sense about using the heel for a spike though. I have seen a lot of women out around Canton in heels without a problem in the ice and snow.

Forgot to mention - when using a spike heel as "anchor" in ice/snow, you obviously run into the risk that the heel tip and/or the lower heel gets worn down quicker. So, maybe you don't want to try this with your very best, most expensive shoes.

Hey That reminds me of one of my friends who has a business selling high heels and videos of chicks walking around in high heels. His business is an online thing and they have a shoe/fetish store not too far from where I live. Anyways they make there money off following there models around in 5.5 inch or 6 inch heels doing everyday stuff. Taking there bottles and cans back to recycling. Going to the laundry matt...etc etc.... Well they did one with one of the models shoveling the snow out front of the store. She was in 5.5 inch spiked heels, and a mini skirt. Mid Feb I think. It was off the charts funny, and cool all at the same time. Needless to say, she took some pretty amusing spills, but she was a touch girl and laughed about it.

Several years ago I followed a young lady in the snow and frozen slush as you describe. perfect not a slip, myself on the other hand was slipping and sliding as if on an ice rink. She was even outpacing me with absolute ease. Al

As it's rather icy out here right now, I couldn't resist the opportunity to go for a walk with some Payless platform slingbacks with "slender" (not to say stiletto) heels tonight. Never did this before, and I was quite curious to see how it is.

Result: I don't really see why it should be that much harder to walk on slushy/icy surfaces than with flat shoes. In contrast, I found that if I put more pressure on the heel, the heel can almost act as a spike anchor that prevents sliding.

Did anybody else try this before? (I bet so ...)

I wear Stilleto Pumps most of the time. I agree they cut into the ice better than a male dress shoe and the footing is more firm in heels.

I'm in Maine today and walked across parking lot in ice and snow. Will do the same tomorrow morning.

Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

I wear Stilleto Pumps most of the time. I agree they cut into the ice better than a male dress shoe and the footing is more firm in heels.

I'm in Maine today and walked across parking lot in ice and snow. Will do the same tomorrow morning.

Henri

Hey Henri, So how are you liking our Maine Winters? =o) Lovely isn't it? Great for heeling. lol. I actually haven't dared to go out in stilletos in this weather yet. I am thinking about waiting for our next nor-easter. Blizzard for those of you who don't know what that is. I have always wanted to try out a pair of stilleto boots in the snow. Luckly my work gets out really late at night. The sidewalk plows don't come out until after the storms have passed. By the time I get out of work the dog needs to be taken out for a walk to go pee....so opertunity knocks...durring snow, late at night this place is freeking ghost town. So night heeling is good to go ususally. =o)

Hey good luck with your parking lot walks.

Hey just curious...but are you in southern or northern maine right now? Cause there are huge snow and ice condition differences. Just curious.

Take care.

Acadianheels.

Hey That reminds me of one of my friends who has a business selling high heels and videos of chicks walking around in high heels. His business is an online thing and they have a shoe/fetish store not too far from where I live. (...)

I guess that the name of his business starts with the letter "A" ... Unfortunately their reputation among the members here is not generally positive.

I took the trash out this morning wearing my 5" white d-orsey stuletto heels and I gotta say, I was a little nervous. The ice on the walkway to the sidewalk was very hard and slick. Just had to try it. Never again. LOL

real men wear heels

I took the trash out this morning wearing my 5" white d-orsey stuletto heels and I gotta say, I was a little nervous. The ice on the walkway to the sidewalk was very hard and slick. Just had to try it. Never again. LOL

:thumbsup:

Obviously, it won't work on solid ice that is hard like a rock. I referred to somewhat more slushy versions.

Johnieheel:-) Learned your lesson, eh? Hard ice is a no-no. Slushy is O.K. as you can sink your heel into it for stability. Glad that you didn't break the ice, TEE HEE, or anything else for that manner. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Tom-NL

Yes you are right on that....really? Would have figured that business would be clammering at the chance to make sales. Why what happen?..I am really curious now....

If they are really your friends, why not ask them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.