Good evening, may I introduce myself?

First, as many have said, it is a delight to find this community. I don't feel so alone any more. I thought I would begin with my own 'heel manifesto'. Like a lot of men here, I am a hetero male with family. While I did play with CD'ing over the years, it wasn't really my thing, though I have to admit that the silky ladies attire does feel wonderful. My journey with heels really began with a 'walk a mile in her shoes' event. My wife recommended that if I was going to walk a mile in heels on pavement, I had best get in some practice, or I would likely get foot or tendon damage. First time in heels that would actually fit me, and I found that I loved them. Heels make me feel, well, a bit more elegant. You gracefully glide along on your lofty perch, giving more thought to where and how you move next, things that most of us guys never gave a moment's consideration. I'm sort of tall (6'2"), somewhat slender (170lb), and have long legs (35" inseam). When in heels, I'm even more tall and slender. They accentuate what I like about my appearance. It's not a fetish thing with me, I find that I look and feel better in heels. And I love the tap-tap-tap sound that stilettos make. I see why you ladies like these so much. My preference is for pointed toe pumps right now. Done right, they can look good on a man, look natural. And I find the slightly curving stiletto heel to be beautiful. I've seen photos of men in long jeans and pumps. They pull it off in a non feminine manner, yet the heels add a graceful touch. That's my ideal, understated elegance. I'm not one for flamboyant displays, though I admire the people who can get out in the 6" heels and platforms. If you have the chutzpah to pull it off, go for it. Outrageous personality, outrageous footwear. Street heeling? Not an option where I live. It's a small, fairly conservative community in the southeast US, and I have two young daughters in grade school. If word got around the school that their dad was seen wearing high heels, they would be subjected to cruel taunting, like only young girls can do. You ladies probably know about that from your childhood - little girls can be (and quite often are) mean and humiliating to each other. I can withstand comments directed towards myself, but cannot bring that sort of living hell down on my precious daughters. So local heeling is out, unless hell freezes over and stilettos for men become socially acceptable in conservative communities. What I would dearly love to do is visit a large, gender bending friendly city for an afternoon of heeling and shopping. I have in mind SF, certainly enjoyed my last trip there, and if business takes me there this spring, I think I'll take along some pumps and see how it goes. Of late, my favorites are a pair of Guess Carries in black natural leather. Gorgeous, the sort of slender, subtly elegant look that I'm after. They were a tight squeeze at first at the maximum 11 size, but they're loosening up. I normally wear 10.5 men's, but found the recommended 12W in a pump fell off of me. 11W or 12B seems to be about right, depending on the maker. The Carries were a bit taller than what I was used to, and wow does that bit of extra heel height make a difference. Sort of like starting all over again. Now I know - taller heel, shorter stride. It's great to know that other men find heels attractive, for the same reasons that I do. It's not a sexual thing, I just love how they feel, and how I look in them.

First of all, welcome to hhplace TooTall. It's great to have you join us here. :thumbsup:

I admire your stance on exposing your daughters to you wearing heels. I agree with you not wanting your daughters held at hostage by their classmates just because of your conduct. Childhood is tough enough these days without the added stress of parental conduct to contend with.

What I would dearly love to do is visit a large, gender bending friendly city for an afternoon of heeling and shopping.

Have you given any thought to attending this year's (4th annual) heelmeet in London, next month? Why not explore the particulars at the "Live Meetings" thread. There are some really economical airfairs to London during the time the meeting will take place. (or, perhaps one of the other meetings being held in Chicago or Toranto.)

Like I said, it's great to have you here. :welcome:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome aboard 2tall. Seems to be more of us adventuring out into public these days. There are a nice group of us up here in the NE from NY to Pa, Ohio, the Blue grass and all around. My wife and i started a heelmeet last Oct in Canton Oh and we all had a great time. Maybe you will be able to make the next one. Once again, welcome to the happy world of heeling.

real men wear heels

TooTall, Thanks for your story and welcome. I'm curious, does your wife know about your continued heeling? What was her comment/reaction during and after the "Walk a mile" and about your wearing heels (if she knows)? Just curious.

Well, the walk a mile event isn't until late this spring. She thinks it's a hoot, and wants to come with me - ladies are invited, and I suppose she'll enjoy it even more at the end when she's fresh and bright while all us rough, tough guys are moaning in agony. Hah. Amateurs, shown up by this tiny little woman. As for heeling in general, all I've said is that I love the way they feel, that it's fascinating to put such a twist on something so instinctive as walking. Can't say she's overly enthusiastic about it. But, she is giving me good style pointers, and said I looked silly not so much for the heels, but because the particular heels I had just looked so wrong with what I was wearing. They were dark red patent leather, when they should have been black natural leather for casual dress, and my pants cuffs were way too high. For heaven's sake, if you're going to do it, do it right. In those, you look like a clueless man trying to wear heels, and not doing it very well. That led to several discussions on heel style - dear lord, I had no idea the subject was so complex. So she said - in the woman's world, merely wearing heels says that you're trying to look extra good, and there's nothing worse thay trying to look stylish and missing badly. With jeans, the cuff should hang where it does on regular shoes, which is why a lot of women have jeans only for heel wearing, with extra length. Highwater looks bad, heels or flats. You know, I think she's right about that. Okay, and I did get her a beautiful set of Lumiani half d'orsays in black. She looks stunning in them and her long black dress, they set off her slender figure and huge mane of dark hair nicely. Zappos had them for half price. Why should I be having all the fun? Wish I could make the trip to London, but I'm too tied up right now. Maybe next year, when I have time to plan for it. Heeling with a bunch of guys doing the same, that would be thoroughly enjoyable.

Tootall:-) Nice extensive and interesting introduction. Welcome to the HH Place Forum. See what trying on a pair of heels the first time does for you? Now you have to worry about the height of your jeans and getting great advice from your wife.:welcome::thumbsup: Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!