Lidl - who would have thought.......

astrid

A nice little story for you all. Last weekend, I had reason to venture into my local Lidl store as there was a one off sale on something I needed. Anyway, I entered the store and it was bleak. No music, no atmosphere, all I could see was shelves of badly packed goods, all I could hear was the squeak of trolley wheels and the clank of a ladies high heels, actually!!. I started making my way through the shop looking for the sale items. Unfortunately, others had gotten there before me and it was all gone.:w00t2: Anyway, I made my way towards the exit and suddenly amongst a shelf of potted plants, yes, potted plants, I noticed boxes containing womens boots. I wandered over and had a look and took an immediate fancy to a pair. I searched through and they had them in my size. Anyway, I looked at the price and they were €22 so I decided to buy them. After opening the box and checking that each boot was the correct size, I sauntered up the checkout and paid for them...... and a bar of chocolate. On arriving home, I slipped on the boots and instantly fell in love with them. They fit me perfectly, the heels are about 2.5"-3" which is perfect for me. I hope to post a picture of them at the weekend. A great little find! PS: I know that some of you wont know what Lidl is but its a weekly shopping store that is cheaper than all the rest due to the quality of produce.

A nice little story for you all. Last weekend, I had reason to venture into my local Lidl store as there was a one off sale on something I needed.

PS: I know that some of you wont know what Lidl is but its a weekly shopping store that is cheaper than all the rest due to the quality of produce.

You sound as though you are saying that Lidl products are of poor quality and therefore cheap. As far as the food is concerned, I find almost everything of good quality and certainly keenly priced; I've shopped there regularly for years. They even sell a whole Canadian lobster at £4.99 and other seasonal delicacies! And the 'home and wear' stuff is usually good quality and value too (e.g. tools, of which I have a number) - but popular items sell out quickly. The same is true of it's rival, Aldi. Forget Waitrose and its generally over-priced products, good though they may be.

No shoes or boots of note in Lidl in England recently; just the rather continental-style slippers and sandals, although they are certainly fit for purpose.

Actually, I agree with Puffer Lidl is great. They do a great range of make-up which is of good quality (though not the latest colours) and the food is as good as you'lll find anywhere. The only downside is is the range and the choice of merchandise is very basic and tend to concentrate on the staples. Having said that they sell the best value extra virgin olive oil you're likely to find.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sorry, I didnt mean to look down on Lidl guys. Some great stuff in there but its generally not your mainstream brands here. Thats what I meant. I hope to post a pic this weekend. Unfortunately, all things xmasy keep on getting in the way.

Sorry, I didnt mean to look down on Lidl guys. Some great stuff in there but its generally not your mainstream brands here. Thats what I meant. ...

No offence taken, Astrid! I'm going to Lidl tomorrow to stock up on Christmas pud and stollen cake - wish they were available all year round! :thumbsup: