MORE new shoes

squirrelheels

Would you classify these as a blade heel?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify these as a blade heel?

Hmm... I still don't consider it worth spending the money to get them silenced. I like them as they are. I just don't like my lack of confidence... *kicks self* I will make sure they get worn at some point, WITH the noisy heel. I like the sound, just not the large amounts of attention I fear they will attract. Of course they probably won't attract that much attention... but nonetheless, it makes me nervous... :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I have found that people only pay attention to the loud "clack clack" sound (as opposed to "click click" by <120 lb/<55kg women) when they glance around and see that I am attempting to walk in them like a normal guy in low heels walks--it is an uncomfortable gait, and you stand out like a sore thumb. See my post under "do people frequently forget...."

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

SH; why not ask Trolldeg's advice? He's worn his boots to class for a couple of semesters, now and could tell you how to overcome your shyness and gain confidence.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think Trolldeg's case is slightly different. For one, he's a university student, (age 18+) where people are mostly more mature, and there is a different atmosphere about it, very different indeed. On the other hand, I'm a 6th form student (age 16-18), and so again, it's an entirely different ballpark. Second to that, Trolldeg is in Sweden, and from what I've heard, the Swedish for the most part seem to have much more open minds... My college is quite unique, and the only way I'll be able to know what the reactions are going to be, is by wearing them. Time to bite the bullet... SH

I had no problems getting to your own site with you wearing the real nice looking boots originating from J-G.

Thanks! I'll try to make the best out of the spent money and wear them frequently in the street.

But your link to fuss-schuhe.de was today unreachable (there seems to be some routing problems in and out from Sweden today...), so I can not say much more than: -Get them and wear them if *you* like them. I mean, who shall we please, ourselves, or the rest of the people we have no relation to anyway???

I just checked the link to Fuss,... on my computer it worked without any problems.

About the boots, I would like to order (or not): The actual fashion style looks like very feminine. As compromise I prefer wearing in public boots in a more androgynous/unisex style. For example platform boots with block heels. A heel height of 5'' doesn't scare me anymore (I hope that the people in the street consider it in the same way *g*).

Otherwise I don't like anymore, to buy "my-home-is-my-castle-heels" which will never see a pavement. My motto "The best fahion..." should be completed by the title of an old Nancy Sinatra song "These boots are made for walking".

I'm still guessing: "To buy or not to buy". A famous citation of W. Shakespeare :drinking:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

My college is quite unique, and the only way I'll be able to know what the reactions are going to be, is by wearing them. Time to bite the bullet...

Yes, I understand your feelings about this problem. Couldn't you start your college-outing with your most modest shoes and not with obviously feminine heels ("to blade or not to blade" *g*)?

I'am quarreling with myself about this question. Until nowadays I don't dare to wear real high heels during work (I'm a freelancer in computer programming). Last summer it took me a lot of confidence to present my new upper arm tribal tattoo frankly to some of my clients.

But patiently step by step ...

micha

Yes, I understand your feelings about this problem. Couldn't you start your college-outing with your most modest shoes and not with obviously feminine heels ("to blade or not to blade" *g*)?

I think you misunderstand slightly. I've already worn heels to college now, and I have been doing for several months. These have been my 3in wedge loafers and 5in loafers, and some of my 4in knee boots (all of which you can see at my website). However, I'm debating wearing my new 3.5in ankle boots to college, and also when would be best to do it. It's just a matter of time, patience and confidence.

SH

I think you misunderstand slightly. I've already worn heels to college now, and I have been doing for several months. These have been my 3in wedge loafers and 5in loafers, and some of my 4in knee boots (all of which you can see at my website). However, I'm debating wearing my new 3.5in ankle boots to college, and also when would be best to do it. It's just a matter of time, patience and confidence.

Sorry SH,

I didn't read the thread attentive enough. My answer: If you have already successfully ruined your reputation as a "honourable student" of your college, why not!? Was this question the reason for your poll?

For my taste your ankle boots look fine and are suitable for guys. Concerning the noise of the heels: You should have heard the heels of my Buffalo-Girlie-Platforms! At first I tried to attenuate the noise with underglued leather patches. Meanwhile I don't care for it anymore. On the contrary I like the noise of my heels because everyone becames aware of them; I don't like to hide my heels under long trousers.

And what do you think of my newest crazy idea. Suitable as male streetwear or not?

micha

I love those boots you are wearing micha, I'd love a pair my self!! :lol: by the way, do you like to wear them that way like I do (pants tucked in to show them off)? I am wearing (right now) a pair of thigh boots (but with low heels on these) but all of my other boots are either platform or blade heels styles (my tallest ones are from STEVE MADDEN that are wedge platform type with 5 inch heels) I also love the sound that the heels make when I'm walking.

Micha, what's the link to your website so I can see these boots?

I guess you're right... but not everyone knows... only about 10 of my friends. All the other 1090 student in the college don't. Well, not explicitly. I'm sure there have been quite a few who have noticed. There was one occasion just before we broke up for Christmas that I was wearing my 5in loafers. Some girls must have noticed the shoes I was wearing as a walked up some small steps, as I heard them commenting "have you seen what that guy's wearing on his feet?". I just carried along on my business back to the canteen!

Infact... I don't know why I don't just apply this theory to my boots. I guess it's just a confidence thing. At least most of the time I can hide my quiet heels with long jeans. Long jeans do not cover sound!

SH

I beg your pardon for for my belated answer!

@Sexyhipboots:

My foot size is EU 44-45 (UK 10-11, female US 13 ). Jean Gaborit offers all boots up to size 45. I ordered my boots in this size (model "Palma"). A good idea, because they turned out to be narrow with normal price standard measures.

But after receiving my new boots I didn't like the heels. They appeared to me as too short (compared to length of the foot) and as too low. Hence I tried an experiment: Exchanging the original heels by my own creation. I also wrote a posting to this subject under "Shoe repair and modification and repair/Make your own".

Micha, what's the link to your website so I can see these boots?

I guess you're right... but not everyone knows... only about 10 of my friends. All the other 1090 student in the college don't. Well, not explicitly. I'm sure there have been quite a few who have noticed. There was one occasion just before we broke up for Christmas that I was wearing my 5in loafers. Some girls must have noticed the shoes I was wearing as a walked up some small steps, as I heard them commenting "have you seen what that guy's wearing on his feet?". I just carried along on my business back to the canteen!

Infact... I don't know why I don't just apply this theory to my boots. I guess it's just a confidence thing. At least most of the time I can hide my quiet heels with long jeans. Long jeans do not cover sound!

If I had a homepage, you would see here guaranteed a link to it! Hitherto I am only a owner of an URL with a homepage 'under construction'. With modest 1 MB of storage capacity (www.mbuenger.de).

After uploading 3 experimental pictures - made with my new digicam - the web space was already exhausted. No chance for a picture gallery without a more expensive contract with my provider. And no chance without my own diligence to build up a homepage :lol:

Concerning the noise of your heels: I have the same problem with my girlie 'Buffie' platforms (3 cm soles and 12 cm block heels). They are really loud on the pavement. But isn't it a problem of myself? Always again the wrong idea to attract not too much attention.

But why not? :(

micha