CBS Early Show - Maggie Rodriguez

heelma

Does anyone watch this regularly? This lady seems to be really into heels! Maggie Rodriguez not only wears them all the time, but she also has discussion about heels on her show with various "experts" very frequently lately. I wonder if she has a heel fetish as well.

Here are some examples:

1. Topic: the worse the economy, the higher the heels:

Note the YSL 6" heels and the comments these ladies make on how many of these sell right now!

2. Topic: Avoiding high heel mishaps - how to walk in really high heels?

3. A podiatric surgeon(!) explains how to prepare yourself for wearing 6" platform heels:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ladies-wear-your-6-inch-heels/294302796

Yes! Finally a podiatric supports to wear heels! This doesn't happen very often.

I'm not sure what it says about me that, for the first video, when they showed the 4 shoes on the table, I recognized the 3rd one (Patricia Field boots) as these http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64245&LotNumber=066503&Type=Adult&Popularity=24&DescriptiveColor=Black&Size=12

they sell at Payless.

Also, for those 6" YSL shoes, it looks like to have at least a 1 1/2" platform, so they're not as bad as a flat-sole shoe with a true 5"-6" heel. Similar for the "Wear 6" heels" in the 3rd video, they all appear to have from a 1/2" to 1" platform (hidden on some). Can't really complain though, as I'd still rather see a 5" heel on a shoe with a platform than just a simple 3 1/2" heel on a flat sole shoe (the 'high' heel of the 70's).

I'm not sure what it says about me that, for the first video, when they showed the 4 shoes on the table, I recognized the 3rd one (Patricia Field boots) as these http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64245&LotNumber=066503&Type=Adult&Popularity=24&DescriptiveColor=Black&Size=12

they sell at Payless.

Also, for those 6" YSL shoes, it looks like to have at least a 1 1/2" platform, so they're not as bad as a flat-sole shoe with a true 5"-6" heel. Similar for the "Wear 6" heels" in the 3rd video, they all appear to have from a 1/2" to 1" platform (hidden on some). Can't really complain though, as I'd still rather see a 5" heel on a shoe with a platform than just a simple 3 1/2" heel on a flat sole shoe (the 'high' heel of the 70's).

You simply can't expect mainstream to wear 5 - 6" without a platform.

I definitely like the hidden platform invention quite a lot, particularly in conjunction with stiletto heels. This makes platforms much nicer looking and more publicly accepted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The first video selection "Topic: the worse the economy, the higher the heels:" seems to contradict information posted elsewhere in the forum that indicates high heels are going out of style.

• 3 months later...

Rita:-) In MHO, I don't think that high heels will ever go out of style as the ever younger generations will demand that they be available for them to purchase. It's every young girls wish to become old enough to try and wear heels. As long as the customers are there, the manufactures will try to keep the supply coming to satisfy the sales. Besides that, there are an increasing number of men getting into the act these days. Welcome to the Forum. It's nice to see that we have more girls joining lately to give us their perspective on wearing heels daily. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Nice videos thankyou for posting them! Those 6" YSLs are very impressive for the high street. The 3rd video didn't seem to work for me though. Anyone else have the same problem? Bob.

Nice videos thankyou for posting them! Those 6" YSLs are very impressive for the high street.

The 3rd video didn't seem to work for me though. Anyone else have the same problem?

Bob.

I actually do have the same problem with the third video. It went straight to something....well, uninteresting to me.

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 months later...

oops, she did it again :chuckle:

Maggie Rodriguez really seems to be a high heel lover herself, as she keeps bringing "shoe experts" and people from shoe stores and websites into her show. The latest example is this one, where she discusses the latest platform stilettos with a lady from endless.com:

A pleasant enough clip, heelma, although I didn't think much of the shoe styles, not normally liking platforms, peep toes or thick heels! But what was really annoying was that banner obscuring part of the lower screen - so often the case when watching TV (and shoes are usually towards the bottom of the screen so often not properly visible)!

• 2 weeks later...