Heeling without a care?

bladerunner

For about the last month or so i have been making a detemined effort to heel everday,mainly to get my feet adjusted so i dont get so much discomfort from only strolling around the house and it seems to have worked! i have a few everyday wedge styles,cowboy and chunky heels At first i would pop home in the morning even with the 'young adults' (my kids!) still around before they exit to colledge and work with my footwear on and i am not even nervous any more,they havent mentioned anything but then with my bootcut jeans on i suppose its hard to see. Then i would wear my heels to work all day,sometimes varying the heel height according to what job i was going to and if my feet started to ache. I have noticed that the retired group do not seem to be bothered at all what you have on your feet,not even a comment ,possibly from being short sighted! i dont know While working with a woman assistant,i wore some platform wedge boots and she just asked if my shoes had a platform and that they were too nice for work! Longest stint in heels so far is 14hrs with a minimum of 3 hours on a bad day..heels and ladders are not good bedfellows! I have also noticed that i am getting a lot calmer when going about my business in heels as my feet are more accustomed to wearing them, i walk much better and i feel much more relaxed. Before if anyone i had come up to me while heeling i think i acted a bit odd as i would be a bit nervous to say the least, but now i just act like i would normally. i have still to tackle thin high heels but then due to the nature of my job you wouldnt wear that style if you were male or female. I have also found with thin heels that pavements are really not that kind! imaybe some sort of radar guidance system is required to avoid all the holes and cracks to stop the heels getting damaged!! might have to try a club out for this style,at leas the floor might be level. So on that note a great deal of admiration goes out to all the ladies (and gents) who have mastered that art. Think i might have to rename myself as the apprentice!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

wow you have made a big step to heeling everyday . i wear heels everyday even if they are wedge boots or my black patent boots with a 4'' heels to work driving a log truck . i even walk around the house wearing some kind of heel , either some wedge sandals of my platform flipflops.

Hey bladerunner, You have figured out what heels will work for you and then set about to make it happen. I am happy for you and hope other guys will do similar programs resulting in their fulfilled life in heels. If more of us would have your positive attitude, male heelers will become a common sight a lot sooner. Thanks for sharing!

I wish you the best of luck concerning your decision to wear high heels as often as posible. You might even plan out your shoes and wardrobe for various places to visit and various occassions. Please, just be comfortable with what you are wearing and where you are at and above all, have fun doing it. Good luck!

Magic sounds like you have a almost perfect environment to work in. WELL DONE and I agree missing the cracks between paving slabs takes some practice in skinny heels, personally I think they are alive and move to catch us

It does feel good, doesn't it bladerunner? The key is to just act like you always do, and don't really put any emphasis on what you have on your feet - just think of them as your everyday wardrobe, and the rest just falls into place :-) I think it forces you to coordinate your wardrobe a bit more too, and those in charge will notice you are taking more care to look good, which is an added bonus!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It does feel good, doesn't it bladerunner?

The key is to just act like you always do, and don't really put any emphasis on what you have on your feet - just think of them as your everyday wardrobe, and the rest just falls into place :-) I think it forces you to coordinate your wardrobe a bit more too, and those in charge will notice you are taking more care to look good, which is an added bonus!

This is such a great philosphy to have. When you get so comfortable with your outfit matching your high heels, as many others have said who wear high heels in public, you get to the point you don't even realize you are wearing them. But as Shockqueen says, just be yourself as you are every day.

I love to wear heels as and when I care, to me there is always that little voice in your head that says you should not be doing this, I think this is one of the reasons I do it.

life is not a rehearsal

Well just a little update the experiment is still going well ish..except for a time working with a male colleague i decided to forego the heels as he knows my family well (wife disapproves we all know the drill!) but while out for beers have been wearing my 'flat',but stylish uggs i may add! and have seen him trying to see what they are! no comments,no surprise as even though they are womens i regard as unisex,maybe ugg should do some rethinking on this. Anyway,have now worn my 4'' chunky heeled gucci boots (i got from e) several times working with no comment,except one elderly client who thought i'd grown!....haha...doesnt miss a trick that one! problem is they are soooo comfortable i have nearly worn them home twice,which would get me in some serious troub! Ah another thing lofts and heels...no good either!!..no surprises there then! thanks for all the feed back people

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I think in the past few months, I've worn flat sneakers maybe a handful of times, while the rest I've been wearing my heels. It's become so second-nature no matter where I go, that I really don't give it much of a second thought. My Payless twist bootines continue to be my absolute favorites, as they are just the right height, and they just look way cool under jeans. I believe I have crossed the point of no return, although in the back of my mind, I did that some time ago. At this stage, I figure if they can't stand what they see, they don't have to look. I now feel like a kid in a candy store every time I go shoe shopping.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!