I'm on holiday

I never thought I'd find myself saying good-bye, but for the first time since I joined this forum, I'm off to the mountains for a week. You may call it "holiday" if you like; but I call it the Feast of Tabernacles. At any rate, it is an opportunity to improve my spiritual condition. I expect to be back in 8 or 10 days or so, but I thought I'd sign-out before I go. Best wishes to all. :winkiss:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Greetings Guy in heels, This will siting for you by the time you get back from your sojourn in the Mountains. Hope it went well for you. The mountains are a highly spiritual place to visit and expand mentally. I am deep into the mountains myself, way deep. I work and live in them summer and winter and explore them all over the globe. Do tell where you went and how you enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing. Mtnsofheels

I'm back, and thanks to all for the good words and good wishes. :winkiss: After 4 years of hospital visits and chemo and everything else, I really needed to get out and get some air! When the walls start closing-in then you know you've been cooped-up too long! Thanks again, everyone! :nervous:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I'm back, and thanks to all for the good words and good wishes. :nervous:

After 4 years of hospital visits and chemo and everything else, I really needed to get out and get some air! When the walls start closing-in then you know you've been cooped-up too long! Thanks again, everyone! :sad:

Did you wear out your high heeled hiking boots?:winkiss:

:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Did you wear out your high heeled hiking boots?:winkiss:

:sad:

Naah. This trip wasn't about fashion or politics or anything like that. I just needed to renew my spiritual condition and get into some deep meditation about myself and my relationship with God. Most of the time I drove to wherever I needed to be. I can't belive that I was gone for an entire week without ever hearing even one siren. Even the trains, which are usually a source of extreme aggrevation for me, were actually fun. Maybe next year I'll take a ride on a train and enjoy the scenery as opposed to having to drive. Indeed, I had more fun on this trip than I've had in over 4 years. :nervous:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Naah. Maybe next year I'll take a ride on a train and enjoy the scenery as opposed to having to drive.

If indeed you do chose to ride a train I would highly recommend a trip to the west coast from Chicago aboard Amtrak's California Zypher or, if you would rather go the northern route, the Amtrak's Empire Builder. I strongly recommend the Cal. Zypher, however. Great scenery, great service and comfortable accomodations for the 3+day trip to Oakland/San Francisco.

:winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If indeed you do chose to ride a train I would highly recommend a trip to the west coast from Chicago aboard Amtrak's California Zypher or, if you would rather go the northern route, the Amtrak's Empire Builder. I strongly recommend the Cal. Zypher, however. Great scenery, great service and comfortable accomodations for the 3+day trip to Oakland/San Francisco.

Just as a side note, the last 500 miles of the California Zephyr's route (into Sacramento) follows the path of the old Transcontinental Railroad -- through 37 tunnels blasted through the rock and all! And the California State Railroad Museum is within walking distance of the Amtrak station in Sacramento.

It's a "can't miss" for any railfan!

Have a happy time!

Actually, what I had in mind was more like a local excursion train with either a day trip into the mountains, or perhaps a dinner train for an evening. But I'm told that the Zypher is well worth the trip (which ain't cheap) if you're into 3 or more days on the rails. :nervous:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels