Styles of shoe you dislike but seem popular

roz

Crocs are the obvious example I suppose, but what shoes do you see loads of people wearing, but you just can't bring yourself to like? I was looking at shoebunny today, and celebs seem to like the casual style of gladiator sandals - I really, really, really don't like gladiator sandals. It's not because they're flat either, I have plenty of flats, but I think they just look really ugly. I have also never been a fan of ballerina flats despite having done ballet before. So - wedges, peeptoes, flip flops, gladiator sandals, ballerina flats, trainers... what style do you just "not get"

Hi Roz, It's not that I just don't get trainers and Croc's, I detest them. I'm not keen on wedges but have a couple of pairs for practical reasons. I like ballet flats, they can be both elegant and cute but they kill my feet. I shan't say anything about platforms.....lol

Crocs are I guess wutever, I only really seem to see nurses and waitresses wearing them so wutever, but OMG do I HATE Uggs!!! I have a few friends down here in FL who wear them, and all I can think is how hot and sweaty they must be to wear! I guess if u were in Alaska it'd be one thing, but come on, FL?! Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

Roz,

I agree with you. Crocs just don't do anything for me. The same with Uggs. I love the classics but also willing try anything that might be interesting. Pumps, Mules, Peep toes, Wedges, heeled boots, especially into ankle boots but I have the others too.

I did check out shoebunny and I know some people love these but you couldn't pay me to wear these: http://www.shoebunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/balenciaga-gladiator-sandals-rihanna-b-3.jpg

The designers need people with a variety of taste or lack there of.

Happy shopping to all,

Peggy

I don't like those boots (if you can call them those) on that link to shoebunny you posted. To reply to a few points: Wedges I am very fussy with, but some of my favourite shoes are wedges. Some can look awful though. Ugg boots I don't mind, particularly with a short denim skirt, but I don't wear or own any. I have heeled suede boots instead :smile: Platforms I love, unlike Amanda Snake :thumbsup:

Platform flip-flops are one of those things that I just don't see how the girls at school don't break their ankles, necks, etc. in. I have worn a simple 2" heel before and a girl in platform flip-flops asked how I could walk without killing myself. :smile:

Interesting thread, thanks girls! Slightly worrying at the same time, though, as a lot of the shoes people hate I myself own! But that's cool, variety is the spice of life and all that :smile: Just looking at the list of shoes I own, I have 24 pairs of wedges (!) but I am so fussy when it comes to wedges, some I agree look awful. I also have some wedged boots, but only one pair from what I can tell (beige cubby boots) but I can't say I've seen many pairs I really like. And finally I have some Rocket Dog platform flipflops. Great for the beach but nowhere else! Absolutely no crocs whatsoever though and there never will be. I used to have a pair of black Uggs (really nice for dossing around the house in) but don't have them any more.

• 3 weeks later...

Uggs can look cute enough at times. But only with them turned down several inches. My boyfriend kinda likes them on me with jeans or a miniskirt when we are out romping about. They are a little hard on my feet tho because I have been wearing stilettos most of the time since early teens. My feet ache if I wear flats too long, just like heels do on women that don't wear high heels much. My all-time hated footwear were Doc Martens! Thank God they are out of fashion!