First Time Ever For Heels At Work Today

joesranch2

Well, I am excited, anxious and happy that I had the courage. I know for some of you out there, this is not a huge deal. However, for me, it is. See, I work in a manufacturing office, and there are few women, let alone anyone like me who enjoys wearing heels. But I did it. I figured with what I have been reading here, the only way that we are going to together change this, we need to stick to what we think is right. They are only shoes, and why should we be tied to penny loafers. Here is what I am wearing.

post-2979-0-61552600-1424354577_thumb.jp

So far so good... I am sitting at my desk, have walked around many times, and no one noticed. I have read a ton of posts on this, and I have to say that the worry is mostly in the head of the wearer, and spouse of the wearer both fear the unknown. For good reason. Throughout our lives we are taught to conform. Someone who chooses differently is different, and thus bad.. I would really love to get to the point of everyone has the choice to wear whatever they want, and not worry about what others will do, or think. Even personally... I struggle with what people may think. I believe we are a long way from where we all want to be.. but one step at a time..I will let you all know tonight if there were any significant glances, etc. 

What you say is true for men in heels, and also for everything else.

It is a bit more difficult for heels, at least for me, as it is related to gender, a man with women shoes... But let's do it step by step as you said! Enjoy your day!

Not a bad choice. The looks very masculine so no one would really think anything looking down.

Heel noise can be a killer.

I remove the heel sole and fill the hollow heel with silicone then put a rubber heel back on. That also helps with slipping.

BTW always test a bare floor to see if it is slippery.

You will find boots are the best thing to wear along with pants that are kind of long.

I started with low heels and worked my way up to 4 inch heels at work.

Eventually someone will ask but don't worry about it.

I could the reflection of one of the girls really checking out my heels, but I really was not trying to hide them.

I was hoping she would ask but never did.

It turned out to be a great feeling, The soles are rubber, so they do not slip, or make any noise. I thought a perfect choice for a first time in the office. It worked out great. I got a phone call that my new eye glasses were in. So, I decided to stop and get them with the shoes on too. I have to say no one looked, or commented. I did pay attention to what others were doing, and body language. 

All in all, it was an exhilarating experience. I know that they are only shoes, and no one should care like I do about it. I truly like they way heels feel, the way they fit, and the way they look on me. Some day we all may be able to wear what we want, and not be judged.

I was a closet wearer for years. like many on here, I too tried the skirt thing, and had my questions about what my ultimate appearance should be. I found that I am a MAN, love being a MAN, but want to wear whatever I want, whenever I want. 

I knew that doing it myself at home only, would never help the greater cause, or mine for that matter. We have to let others all know it is OK. This is a great site for allowing all to see that. 

Sounds like you had a great day... and the world didn't end and you wern't struck by lightening or anything.

I was a closet wearer for years. like many on here, I too tried the skirt thing, and had my questions about what my ultimate appearance should be. I found that I am a MAN, love being a MAN, but want to wear whatever I want, whenever I want. 

I knew that doing it myself at home only, would never help the greater cause, or mine for that matter. We have to let others all know it is OK. This is a great site for allowing all to see that. 

If you haven't already, take a look at JeffB's threat The Jaunts of JeffB.  He is another guy that wants to be a guy but dress as he wishes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good for you. As for your appearance, make it whatever you want it to be, don't follow the herd, blaze your own path. Find your own style, something you'll ultimately feel comfortable displaying to the public. I've been wearing skirts (and the occasional dress) in public as a man for years now and it's a most enjoyable and rewarding experience. If you need ideas, just swing by my thread as thighbootguy already provided a link to and see if anything there catches your interest. Good luck to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!