Ped Egg for more comfort?

pumpedup

For those of us in the US, there is a product on the market called the Ped Egg. It's a file, to scrape the dead skin off the feet. Walmart sells them, and i was wondering how good they work. Perhaps those of us who are in our mid-30's and older may have problems with shoes fitting well because of some dead skin build-up, and a Ped Egg device might be just what the doctor ordered? I know that my feet need some definite pampering, and will buy a Ped Egg this weekend, to see how it may improve things. I have noticed after buying a new pair of shoes that it's harder to put the left shoe on, compared to the right shoe.

Anyway, those of you in the U.K. and other countries may have a similiar device. Here is the official Ped Egg website.

http://www.pedegg.com/sssindex.html?directLoad&uid=20929E8A0FF85CAEC0609A3E18814610

my wife absolutely LOVES her ped-egg. easy to use, and very effective.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Similar 'foot files' are available cheaply in the UK (usually in pharmacies) in various shapes but I cannot recall the brand name, if any.

A Google search shows that the Pedd Egg is available from Amazon (but postage high) and from various other mail order discount sources. One special offer at £3.99 post free is: http://www.asseenontvworld.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=156&gclid=CPCPm8nDxZUCFSAbEAodAiEGiQ

I think one is paying a premium for a branded gimmick here and the local pharmacy is the best source. Or one could use a Stanley Surform file (carefully!) if skin is really thick and tough. That file would not wear out!

Have used both callous files and the Ped Egg. The Ped Egg is by far easier and quicker, well worth the $10 investment. Also get some foot creme to help soften your heels. Sally Hansen has a good 18 Hour cracked Heel Creme that works and smells good.

Love love love my PedEgg! There's no doubt it makes heels more comfortable to wear heel wise but I'll tell ya, it's funny, I have noticed that in a few spots on my feet the rough skin almost makes it more comfortable to wear my heels. Like on the top of my pinky toe for sure. If I get that skin soft it just hurts the next day I put the shoes on. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! the Ped Egg works wonders! We just got one a couple days ago. My girlfriend and I have been using the old pumice stone semi-regularly with slow results, but the egg seems to just whisk away all of the thick skin very easily. And there is some sort of weird gratification you get when you open it up to empty the skin shavings and really see how much skin you just filed away! It does indeed work very well. :smile: