Other's opinions

Chrissy85

Have you ever been wearing high heels and gotten a peculiar look, or worse, someone made a unflattering comment about your wearing high heels? The only time I have gotten a comment is when I was buying some heels and the cashier, an older woman, said, "Those are really high." She said it with a disapproving tone. I didn't care, but it is the only instance that I can recall.

I def think other girls look at your heels and get jealous that ur wearing em. When I used to work at a country club, all the other girls would ask me "OMG how can you wear heels that high?" Of course, the looks from boys are totally different! I've let a few girls I know who have the same size feet as me try on my heels, and its always the "man I don't know how u can do do this" comment! Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

I have been getting those catty comments for over 20 years, usually from women in their 40s - 50s. Most of it seems to be about putting anyone down that dares to be different and/or hasn't packed on the pounds and lost their shape. Men on the other hand seem to have become much more obvious in their admiration of heels. I used to find guys what would sneak a peek at my heels but now they downright stare. I find youner women wearing taller heels now especially when i am out dancing. So there I just blend in. There will always be those that can't believe you actually wear those and it doesn't kill your feet. They may have had bad experiences when they were younger or its just the kind of person they are to have to cut someone else down. Just hold your head high, I usually don't even bother to answer some of the comments i have heard. Enjoy, PnP

It's simply Jealousy that drives those other women to be disapproving.

T be honest I kind of thrive on other womens jealousy.

My mothers disapproval was of concern not jealousy, a more nurturing disapproval.

I noticed in general that it's the more mature mens eyes that linger on my footwear. I guess maybe they would feel less embarrassed at being caught staring. Never a stare of disapproval from the males, not that I noticed.

I def think other girls look at your heels and get jealous that ur wearing em. When I used to work at a country club, all the other girls would ask me "OMG how can you wear heels that high?" Of course, the looks from boys are totally different!

I've let a few girls I know who have the same size feet as me try on my heels, and its always the "man I don't know how u can do do this" comment!

Jen

Almost exactly what I was going to say. I don't get any catty, bitchy or negative comments, but I do get a lot of people asking how on earth I walk in shoes like that.

The shoes that get the most comments are my 6" heels where my feet are vertical, my Louboutins and by far the most was when I wore some 7"+ camouflage platforms for a fancy dress party.

Hi all.. I often get good coments on my shoes, both from ladies and guy's. The only one that don't like them is my mom, she's afraid that i'll hurt my feet in them, but you all know how mothers are;)

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

• 4 weeks later...