Shopping around the station

flavio

Dear friends In the next month I'll be in France to visit some wife's relatives and to know Paris as well. Since I'm a train addicted, I'm planning to take a ride in the Eurostar and take one day to know London. Yes, I know it's too short time but it's what fits in my budget and I have to give relatives in France some preference. I wish I could be in the World Heelmeet but it's not affordable for a while. Well, let's get to the subject... Since I'll have a very short space of time, some of you could help me and say if there's any store around or close (read as "you can go there walking") to the station where the Eurostar arrives, and that carries large sizes (US 14, I think it's UK 12?) and are men friendly? Sorry to bother you with this direct question, but I really need this shop to be close to the station, then I can spend as little time as possible and have time to know more places in London. Of course if someone have some spare time in october 1st (it's a wednesday) I'll be very happy to meet in London, just PM me. I'm planning to arrive 9AM and depart at 7PM after a pint, of course :o Many many thanks in advance for all your help! Flavio

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

You will be going in to St Pancras Station? Thats very near Kings Cross, and you can buy just about *anything* there!

Yes, that's the arrival station. Thanks a lot!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 3 weeks later...

You will be going in to St Pancras Station? Thats very near Kings Cross, and you can buy just about *anything* there!

True enough, but hardly explicit as to where and how Flavio should travel!

I cannot say for certain which shops within easy reach of St Pancras will have female-style shoes around UK12 actually in stock, nor has Flavio indicated his style preferences. But he might like to look at the websites for Leatherworks (Islington - but check that visitors can be seen there) and Transformation (Euston). There are also various outlets in the Camden area. All these places are a short distance (underground or taxi) from St. Pancras.

I cannot speak for the quality of these products, but surely others here can do so and give more detail to our visitor from Brazil?