Cheap shoes you actually like

roz

I'm someone who has both Pleasers and Louboutins in my collection, and someone who buys shoes from New Look to Yves Saint Laurent and anywhere in between. Nothing compares to my Louboutins and YSLs, but there is always a place in my collection for the cheap and cheerfuls like New Look and Pleasers, but recently I have seen people complain about both of these brands. So, to those people, are there any cheap (say, under £60) shoes you like? And what is so bad about cheap shoes? I think they're great 'filler shoes' giving me a variety of shoes to wear out and match with my outfits on a budget (meaning I do have the money to buy the occassional £400+ pair). It also means if I have a 'heavy' night out I can go out and not care so much about damaging my shoes. Of course cheap shoes aren't as good as expensive ones but I think there's a place for them. Be kind!

Cheap shoes can certainly look nice and have cool designs, but I can't really stand my feet getting sweaty in plastic shoes. It has to be leather, and that makes the price go up. It doesn't nessecerily have to be fancy designer brand shoes, but definatly somewhere between "cheap" and "luxury".

Loving Pleasers myself, I also have a few pairs of Anne Michelle's, which are definately cheap. A couple fit nice, and are fairly comfortable, one pair is about as comfortable as walking on marbles barefoot. But, all look nice.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Being someone who only wears them part time, and still needs to have a complete men's wardrobe, I have to limit myself to the cheaper shoes, sometimes I do buy some nicer shoes, and even a couple used shoes (via ebay). I can now understand why women can spend huge amounts of money on shoes now that I have grown my collection into the double digits. Trying to remember what I have while I am not at home... Low end: 4 pairs from Pleaser (including the pair shown in my avatar) Mid-range (low end to many of you) : 4 Steve Madden Others include Kenneth Cole, Nine West, Bebe, and Coach Upper-range (probably still pretty low end to many of you :cool1:) : 1 each from Via Spiga, Stuart Weitzman, Michael Kors, and Cole Haan Your "real" upper-range: 0 :o What can I say I am a cheap guy with a fetish, not a fashion guru :-?

Well thanks everyone for your replies. Just looked at my collection and I have 14 pairs from New Look alone, all of those having been bought in the last three months! I have also obviously bought a pair of Loubies and YSLs recently, but many of my New Look shoes have been complimented, and they're all still looking great despite some pairs being worn many, many times. Unfortunately the members who I have seen complain about Pleasers and New Look shoes haven't seen this thread, but I am still not sure what is so bad about these makes of shoe.

Most of my shoes are in the $50.00 or less range and must be leather so they can breathe. Some of my shoes have been higher priced ones but have been bought on sale. I have gone higher for leather boots, but also try to get them while on sale. I figure that if they can sell them for less why should I pay full price. I always look for sales. To me, that is not being cheap, but practical. After all, my pention doesn't keep going up, but is always being constantly eroded away. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!