flip flops are a flop sometimes

sabotalot

The ladies have a thread on the problems that flip flops present, but this is a more universal topic. Some years ago I saw a girl on a bicycle wearing them; as she pushed on the pedals, they arched downward and caught her foot in the bicycle chain. I was driving and stopped to help; as I did so others stopped to help, too. This was just before cell phones were common. They are fine for the beach and shower, but are not exactly protective.

Flip-flops are a flop ALL of the time! In fact, flip-flops are a plague on mankind. PERIOD! I was at the mall last Saturday and it seemed like at least seven out every ten women/girls I saw were wearing the g--damn things. Oh, yeah, saw more than a few guys sporting them too. Revolting! In the Navy, those things were called shower shoes because that's where you wore them to prevent slipping and falling and busting your ass in the shower. The notion of people wearing those things in public absolutely mystifies me. In short, I hate them! That said, I wish I had stock in the company or companies that make flip-flops, I'd be richer than God.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

This has been discussed in a previous post, but bares repeating. Flip-flops are not ony ugly, they are bad for the feet and can be dangerous to walk in the way they dont fit on your feet.

thank u MrFoot 123, u should change yr name to dailaughing.... how many men does it take to change a pair of flip flops ? None, cos no men wear them... How many women does it take to change a pair of flip flops? None, cos real women would be too embarrassed... How many shop assistants would it take to change a pair of flip flops? All of them, they'd all want to upgrade the customer to something decent.... miaow

I really don't like them at all either, particularly when an otherwise dressed-up girl/lady wears them. That being said, simply complaining about the fact that they are popular doesn't help. It has a reason that they are popular, right? Most girls do think that they are more comfortable than heels. So, if you want to change that, the way to do it is to convince a girl why heels are so much better than those. Not just look better (everyone knows that one), but come up with some other, more convincing ideas why heels are advantageous. Simply yelling at them that it looks stupid what they wear will probably not do the job ...

Flip-flops are a flop ALL of the time! In fact, flip-flops are a plague on mankind. PERIOD! I was at the mall last Saturday and it seemed like at least seven out every ten women/girls I saw were wearing the g--damn things. Oh, yeah, saw more than a few guys sporting them too. Revolting! In the Navy, those things were called shower shoes because that's where you wore them to prevent slipping and falling and busting your ass in the shower. The notion of people wearing those things in public absolutely mystifies me. In short, I hate them! That said, I wish I had stock in the company or companies that make flip-flops, I'd be richer than God.