Help! Fashion help request....

Stilettoscot

Since it is rather appearant I am not very fashion oriented, and not wanting to look a fool when I go out on the town in my heels, I was hoping you more savvy folks here could help me out. In the process of getting more "style" clothes for myself and have some questions... 1. I WANT to get nice pairs of straight/boot cut tight jeans (especially black) to wear my shoes with. I know they'd look better. Problem is, with my "breeder hips" and fat ass (for a guy), I have not been able to find any men's jeans like this to fit me, hence the far too baggy ones. Should I buy women's jeans? If so, how do I go about finding the right size? Any other pants recommendations? 2. What kind of shirt would you recommend for someone with my build to wear with said jeans/slacks and stilettos? I would like to wear a nice button down, collared silk job, but will it make me look like a stuffed pepper? 3. Any other heels you recommend besides blocky ones for me (I currently buy/wear stilettos)? I have seen wedges that I liked, but rarely thick heels... 4. Beige collared shirt, beige trousers, "nude" stockings, dark brown sling-backs?? Work? 5. I heard the term "stylist" bandied about. Where do you find yours? I'd rather the advice of people who don't just want to tell me what I want to hear... Thanks in advance!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Since it is rather appearant I am not very fashion oriented, and not wanting to look a fool when I go out on the town in my heels, I was hoping you more savvy folks here could help me out.

In the process of getting more "style" clothes for myself and have some questions...

1. I WANT to get nice pairs of straight/boot cut tight jeans (especially black) to wear my shoes with. I know they'd look better. Problem is, with my "breeder hips" and fat ass (for a guy), I have not been able to find any men's jeans like this to fit me, hence the far too baggy ones. Should I buy women's jeans? If so, how do I go about finding the right size? Any other pants recommendations?

2. What kind of shirt would you recommend for someone with my build to wear with said jeans/slacks and stilettos? I would like to wear a nice button down, collared silk job, but will it make me look like a stuffed pepper?

3. Any other heels you recommend besides blocky ones for me (I currently buy/wear stilettos)? I have seen wedges that I liked, but rarely thick heels...

4. Beige collared shirt, beige trousers, "nude" stockings, dark brown sling-backs?? Work?

5. I heard the term "stylist" bandied about. Where do you find yours? I'd rather the advice of people who don't just want to tell me what I want to hear...

Thanks in advance!

In my opinon, formed from my own experience...

#1. Easy. Womens Pants/Jeans Are the Way to go. Go to any help your self type store. I started in Walmart myself. Find a nice pair of womens jeans and try them on. Try different styles and sizes utill you find the one you look best in.

#2. Also easy. I wear the same type of shirts I have been wearing all along. Wear what you like, so you are most comfortable. If you will be thinking about your heels, you do not need to be worried about your shirt style too.

#3. Again, my personal opinion. I like block heels for me. If you are comfortable in stilettos (as are many of our members here) wear them.

#4. Sounds good to me.

#5. I am my own LOL

Just ask Kneehighs, he will tell you how wonderfully cooridinated I always am.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

#2. Also easy. I wear the same type of shirts I have been wearing all along. Wear what you like, so you are most comfortable. If you will be thinking about your heels, you do not need to be worried about your shirt style too.

Have to disagree with this Gary.

Whats the point in co-ordinating everything, or Scott asking for help, if your going to say "Wear what you like" ?

So he can waste his time sorting out a great pair of jeans or trousers (pants) only to throw on a skateboarding t-shirt huh?

It doesnt work like that, the whole point is to look like some thought actually went into it, the whole look.

Would you buy a great looking car if the manufacturer had just slung in any old interior that felt comfortable, but might look totally out of place?

Come on guys, our fellow members deserve better than to be told to throw on anything you like, heck, some of them should have it enforced on them..

Scott, as for the "Beige" everything, keep in mind what colour your footwear will be too, and if you would like it to be noticed.

If your all in beige, and have black footwear, it stands quite a bit, as does any colour difference in clothing. You could be all in blue, but have a red button on your jacket, and that button will stand out a mile.

What type of look would you prefer, and or are you trying to acheive?

Why not show us some examples of the styles you currently wear day-to-day?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Richie, As far as the beige outfit, the sling-backs are dark brown, which go (I think) a little easier with the outfit. Black, although I've been told (amoung other things) can go with anything, seemed a bit out of place with this outfit, hence buying the brown sling-backs at Macy's. My everyday look? Well, when working (too hot to today in 100f heat); landscaping, picture an absolute mess. Out? Well, Some regular looser fitting collared shirts and baggy pants for comfort. Always due to my frame, and lack of style. More or less, what you saw in the pic minus the heels, plus big, God awful workboots/sneakers. On occasion, slacks instead, and nicer shirts. But boring. Which is why the need for advice. Look looking to achieve? Well, something sleeker, more trendy, worthy of going out without looking like I lost a bet. Like I have some sort of style sense, so when a beautiful lady notices my shoes, she'll notice me, too. Something I can go to the club in...etc. I don't know, really. I appreciate both responses!!:thumbsup: Look forward to getting some nice, women's pants that "should" fit a bit better, and look better for sure.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

1. I WANT to get nice pairs of straight/boot cut tight jeans (especially black) to wear my shoes with. I know they'd look better. Problem is, with my "breeder hips" and fat ass (for a guy), I have not been able to find any men's jeans like this to fit me, hence the far too baggy ones. Should I buy women's jeans? If so, how do I go about finding the right size? Any other pants recommendations?

Funnily enough ..... in the General Fashion section .....

Maybe of interest? They are getting a lot of attention over here. :thumbsup:

Go to a library or newstand and get some men's fashion magazines. Thumb through them and get some ideas of what you like or don't like. Imagine the photos with heels on, or better yet, search the shoe stores on the internet to find some pics of heels in various orientations, print them out on your printer in various sizes, and paste them over the shoes on the magazine photos (or scan the mag photos and do it all in Photoshop or similar program). Then go shopping, either at upscale places where you can get the shirts, pants, sweaters, and so on, or at an economy place like Wal-mart, or a middle ground, like Target or Penney's. You might also consider heels that taper but aren't pencil-thin stilettos. They might be more stable, safer (won't get caught in cracks and grates) and be a little less femme, so they don't contrast so much with the trendy menswear. In other words, it might look more thoughtfully "put together," whereas stilettos, which usually scream "girlie," might not blend as well. As far as colors, remember that contrasts are eye-catching. If you wear dark pants and light shoes, that will attract attention. Red will attract attention. Black shoes (except black patent) won't attract attention unless they're stilettos with white skin showing above the vamp. Black stockings or tights are always more classy looking than bare skin or light colored hosiery. Just some ideas. Hope this helps. GWL

Richie,

As far as the beige outfit, the sling-backs are dark brown, which go (I think) a little easier with the outfit. Black, although I've been told (amoung other things) can go with anything, seemed a bit out of place with this outfit, hence buying the brown sling-backs at Macy's.

My everyday look? Well, when working (too hot to today in 100f heat); landscaping, picture an absolute mess. Out? Well, Some regular looser fitting collared shirts and baggy pants for comfort. Always due to my frame, and lack of style. More or less, what you saw in the pic minus the heels, plus big, God awful workboots/sneakers. On occasion, slacks instead, and nicer shirts. But boring.

Which is why the need for advice.

Look looking to achieve? Well, something sleeker, more trendy, worthy of going out without looking like I lost a bet. Like I have some sort of style sense, so when a beautiful lady notices my shoes, she'll notice me, too. Something I can go to the club in...etc. I don't know, really.

I appreciate both responses!!:thumbsup: Look forward to getting some nice, women's pants that "should" fit a bit better, and look better for sure.

Stilettoscot...

Everyone has given you good advise. But the bottom line is you have to wear what you are comfortable wearing. I mostly wear men's suits and stilleto high heels. Some have suggested that this isn't a good combination, but it is what I like wearing and I wear it for the reactions. I do sometimes wear jeans and casual shirts and high heels, but mainly when I go for walks in my neighborhood at night.

Listen to all of the advise, then dcide what is best for you.

Good luck.