An outing

radiodave

I was envying the sunny, warm weather outside, so I figured it was time to push the envelope with some sandals. I had a pair of nice wedges by Ralph Lauren http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32926865/c/144786.html that I wanted to wear, because they were very comfortable and I thought they weren't too outrageous. I wore them with some beige Dockers, and a blue short sleeved dress shirt. Not a bad look, if I say so myself. I got rid of the few hairs that had grown back, trimmed my nails, and put some clear nail polish on.

I went over to Macy's, because I needed some new dress pants. Getting out of the car, I don't think anyone noticed. Following someone into Macy's, a car pulled up to the curb asking for directions to JC Penney's, which the person I was following answered for them. No response at all to the shoes. Walking along the linoleum floor there was a little noise, but nobody really noticed. Browsing among the dress pants, other shoppers were paying much more attention to the racks. I found a pair that was slightly long, so I went to try them on to see how much longer they would be. Walking into the fitting rooms, there was a saleslady on her knees doing some alterations to a guy's pants (boy, that could be interpreted many different ways... :wink1: ), so I walked past into the fitting room. Now the strange thing was, the guy having the alterations done left his pants in the room I happened to pick, so I got caught with my pants down (literally!) when he came to get his old pants! :thumbsup: Well, I think he was more embarrassed at walking in, so he apologized for the intrusion, and he pointed to his pants hanging on the hook. Surely, he had a good view of my shoes at that point, but he didn't seem to notice.

At the checkout I caught up with the saleslady who had been doing the alterations, and I think she glanced down but smiled and asked if there was anything else she could help with. A few stockboys noticed on the way out, but no looks of surprise.

I stopped by Starbuck's to satisfy my cafe mocha craving, and getting out of the car, there were at least two couples seated outside who surely saw the shoes. No stares, and they didn't seem too interested. Waiting at the counter there were a couple of older guys sitting around shooting the breeze, and apparently one caught a glimpse and mentioned to his friend, who turned around, looked at the shoes, then looked up. I looked back at both of them and just smiled a little, so they quickly looked away and went back to shooting the breeze. On the way out, the same couples seemed pretty uninterested.

Yesterday I went by DSW to look around, and found some extreme platforms by Jessica Simpson http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=10&category=&prodId=169904&brand=300183. Completely impractical I'm sure, and probably not soon to be worn outside, but I can always wear them around the house. Trying them on in the store, nobody seemed the slightest bit concerned. :smile: Last night I had to meet up with my ex-wife to exchange a couple things, and she asked me out for dinner since we both hadn't eaten. I was thinking so hard about wearing some heels, but surprisingly enough, I couldn't decide what to wear! That and I wasn't feeling quite brave enough. At dinner she actually pointed out some nice heels as somebody walked past. Ah, too bad she's an ex-wife, but we're still best friends and want to keep things that way. She's even mentioned we ought to go camping once I get the camper (which she gave me) all set to go. Anyway, I mentioned I had thought about wearing some heels to dinner, and she almost seemed surprised that I didn't! She laughed when I said I couldn't settle on what to wear, but when I mentioned my DSW shopping she mentioned that I ought to put my increased confidence to work, hence today's outing. I told her I would have let her know if I had decided to wear them to dinner when she called, so she wouldn't have too much of a surprise.

Anyway, I mentioned I had thought about wearing some heels to dinner, and she almost seemed surprised that I didn't! She laughed when I said I couldn't settle on what to wear, but when I mentioned my DSW shopping she mentioned that I ought to put my increased confidence to work, hence today's outing. I told her I would have let her know if I had decided to wear them to dinner when she called, so she wouldn't have too much of a surprise.

Great news, and fitting end to a fabulous day. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Surely you'll find an excuse to take HER to dinner soon? :smile:

Radio Dave, Nice job on getting sandals out when the weather is right for them. It is inspiring to me to look for more sandals as I have not considered them to often. Thanks for sharing your shopping day and then dinner. Mtns of heels:thumbsup:

Fastfreddy: Thanks. She actually beat me to the dinner invitation, and she insisted since she was delayed in meeting up with me. She hadn't planned on being so late, but I did offer ice cream afterward. :thumbsup: Mtnsofheels: I'm partial to sandals myself, even though many guys here focus more on boots and pumps. Guess I always thought sandals were cool, and hated the ugly sandals that guys normally have to pick from.

If your ex-wife is also your best friend, what kept you from wearing heels around her? I think my best friend (a female) was the second person who knew, that I didn't live with. My only regret about it was telling her so close to Hurricane Katrina, which I couldn't possibly plan for so I'm not too terribly upset.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

What makes you think I didn't?:thumbsup:

This,

I was thinking so hard about wearing some heels, but surprisingly enough, I couldn't decide what to wear! That and I wasn't feeling quite brave enough.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

radiodave... Thank you for sharing that story of your latest heeling experience. I love all of the stories of guys wearing high heels and public and enjoying all of the different reactions. Please keep sharing these with us. Thanks again.