Checking before I buy... Pleaser/Leslie heel heights?

geo_t

Okay, so I'm probably way behind the curve here, but a recent experience with some shoes from Fredericks of Hollywood* has got me somewhat cautious before I go placing an order. When Pleaser or Leslie shoes are listed as 5" or 6" heels, is that fairly consistent across sizes or do the heels get higher as the size increases? I like really high heels (and have several 7" pairs) but I'm looking for some that I can wear out (and have a tight budget :thumbsup:).

* I bought a pair of pumps with "six inch" heels from Fredericks a while back, on sale. Looked good on the screen and indeed, were to die for in person. But the heel was a little over 7" in my size 14, and it took a lot (and I mean, a lot) of practice to walk in them and although I did wear them out on a few occasions, they always felt too high for outside wear. In terms of height, I bought a pair of the "Extreme" heels that several places were selling a while back. In my size, the 5.5" heel was exactly 6", and was extremely comfortable and just the right height. Too bad the rest of the shoe was uncomfortable to wear for more than a short time.

Many places and brands quote their heel heights for a particular size of shoe, probably in the 6 to 8 range. As the size increases, so does the heel height in the better brands, particularly those without platforms. I once bought online a shoe from Fredericks advertised as 5 inch heels, and in size 13 they were a full 6 inches! Too high for comfort without a platform! The heel height with platforms seems to increase less. An advertised 5 inches with "mini" platforms is often 5.5 inches in a size 13, which is comfortable. Pleaser "Lip" shoes are this way.

My Pleaser Milan shoes quoted at 4.5" in size 12 were equiped with 5" heels. I used to have a pair of Pleaser Seduce Oxfords quoted at 5" and again in size 12 (very tight) were supplied with a 5.5" heel. So it seems Pleaser vary the height with the size. Also I find that with Pleaser products, when you go from 12 to 13, it is a massive jump in sizing. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

* I bought a pair of pumps with "six inch" heels from Fredericks a while back, on sale. Looked good on the screen and indeed, were to die for in person. But the heel was a little over 7" in my size 14, and it took a lot (and I mean, a lot) of practice to walk in them and although I did wear them out on a few occasions, they always felt too high for outside wear. In terms of height, I bought a pair of the "Extreme" heels that several places were selling a while back. In my size, the 5.5" heel was exactly 6", and was extremely comfortable and just the right height. Too bad the rest of the shoe was uncomfortable to wear for more than a short time.

I looked at Frederick's website before and I never saw anything taller than 5" and larger than size 13. Do you have examples?

I looked at Frederick's website before and I never saw anything taller than 5" and larger than size 13. Do you have examples?

This would have been three years ago or so, before the company was bought and turned into another Victoria's Secret clone. There's a picture on here somewhere of me wearing them with a pair of girlie jeans, but I can't seem to find the original anymore.

Thanks for the responses... I've had my eye on a pair of Seduce ankle boots with (quoted) 6" heels and interchangeable ankle straps. I may just have to go and splurge on them soon. :thumbsup:

The standard heel hight is on a size 7, so depending on which way you go in sizing expect up to one inch in heel hight change. So if you wear a size 14 and they list the shoe with a 6 inch heels it's going to be 7+ inches or if you wear a size six it's going to be 5 inches. Put it this way the longer the foot the higher the heel, the shorter the foot the shorter the heel.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I've found that Frederick's has a larger variation that Pleaser/Leslie. I wear a size 10 sandle (size 11 closed toe) and it seems that the heel height is 1" taller in my size than the stated height. Unfortunately, it's one of those things you'll have to adjust/find out for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that Frederick's has a larger variation that Pleaser/Leslie. I wear a size 10 sandle (size 11 closed toe) and it seems that the heel height is 1" taller in my size than the stated height.

Unfortunately, it's one of those things you'll have to adjust/find out for yourself.

When you go larger than a size 10, the heel height does go higher on most high heels. They are often advertised as such.