In desperate need of a UK mini-meet?

euchrid

This Real Life Meetings section has taken on a strong international flavour lately (or should I say flavor?). Great for all you US, Canadian & continental folk. But what about us Brits? It's time for someone to sort out another UK mini-meet, I reckon. C'mon guys - let's get posting our ideas / suggestions / requests / thoughts / hopes / dreams, etc. for the next venue and hopefully someone will pick up the ball and start running with it!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

You know me... someone suggest somewhere and I'm there... Anyone fancy The Summer Sales at Bluewater?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Guest Loveshiheels

I be up for a meet at bluewater. Since the other meet at Bluewater didn't happen

You know me... someone suggest somewhere and I'm there...

Anyone fancy The Summer Sales at Bluewater?

Was there yesterday, where were you lot? :wink1:

Recently been to Cambridge, Reading, Woking, Bicester and Bluewater, all in heels. House of Fraser at Bluewater [home of many Kurt Geiger, Carvela and Nine West shoes] had a "20% off Brands" sale Friday and today.... :smile:

I'm at Milton Keynes this Sunday. (Tomorrow.) Coffee anyone? :thumbsup:

High Wycombe is on "the list" to visit too. Apparently they have a HUGE M+S ..... which is always a good sign.

While Bicester might be able to offer Dior shoes discounted to £438, Bluewater is still my favourite shoe shopping venue. :wink:

What time you in MK? I'll see if I can escape the madness at home for a while.

My plan is to be there for all of the shopping hours the place is open, which on Sunday is 11am-5pm. I'm notoriously useless at being anywhere on time, so that may well equate to midday-5pm. I'm usually thrown out of the last shop to close .... And I will need a coffee to get me home, so I imagine we'll be at Costa until 6pm. I can find time for a mid-shop coffee any time in-between if you can make time?

I'd be happy to collect Euchrid from a train/bus station if he's interested, but he's failed to take up the offer of a shopping trip to date. Might be my after-shave? I've had a hair cut, so look a bit smarter now. Maybe that'll influence him? :thumbsup:

Actually, I think he's only allowed out on Saturdays? :smile:

I'm at Milton Keynes this Sunday. (Tomorrow.) Coffee anyone? :thumbsup:

I'm also in MK tomorrow actually.

Would be excellent to grab a coffee with you (either or both of you!) but not sure if it will be logistically feasible:-

My wife is doing the Race for Life thing at Campbell Park (starts at 11:00).

When the 'Race' is underway, I shall be doing a quick shop with my daughter then meeting up with the missus again for a bit of family shopping & a Muck-Donalds lunch before heading off. This has all been planned (by her indoors) for months so any change of plans suggestions on my part will most likely result in two items precious to me being removed with rusty pruning shears.

Fastfreddy2 - I have your mobile no. & will call or text if a window of opportunity should show itself. Will also 'keep em peeled' for you as I wander about the place.

I'm still very much up for it in respect of a proper shopping trip.

a lack of free time at weekends + school half-term hols + a backlog at work has been putting it on hold thus far.

<actually, I like the scent of Old Spice very much! :smile: >

<actually, I like the scent of Old Spice very much! :thumbsup: >

You've remembered the wrong after-shave. Who wore Old Spice for you? :smile:

I'll be mooching around the place for most of the day. If you can meet up for 10 minutes, that'll be 10 minutes more than nothing. We could do a secret hand-shake outside MuckD's if it's in the main shopping area?

Me saying I want to abscond myself won't be any more welcome than you proposing it. But these things ought to be done, especially since all three of us will be within a couple of miles of each other at the same time.

No pressure like ...... :wink1:

Managed to meet up with fastfreddie, and it was worth the effort. If a shyguy like me can get out and meet others then anyone can. It wasn't a heel meet as such (I wasn't in heels but FF was) but it's great to put a face to a name and see the person behind the posts, as personality doesn't come through on the boards. I hope to meet some others from these boards in the future too, maybe one day I'll even manage to do a meeting in heels too.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I was there too (sort of)! I was stood standing outside Waitrose for 60+ minutes waiting for Fastfreddy's to park up & call me back. After that, I assumed the coffee had been aborted due to lack of shopping hours left...? obviously got that wrong. oh well, next time perhaps?

Sorry we didn't get to meet up euchrid, would have been great to put another face to a name.

I was there too (sort of)!

I was stood standing outside Waitrose for 60+ minutes waiting for Fastfreddy's to park up & call me back. After that, I assumed the coffee had been aborted due to lack of shopping hours left...? obviously got that wrong.

oh well, next time perhaps?

Eh?

Call you back?

You dialled the wrong number, soft lad. No missed call, no message .....

I rang shyguy, and we met......

I'll tell you what though.....

You two have the same name. (Which is a bit spooky.) I wonder if I spoke to 2 different people and didn't realise? [Was using hands-free while driving.] :thumbsup:

Will check phone in a bit..... Just off out for a tummy slimming walk. Back in an hour.

Me and shyguy met outside MuckyD's looking for you too ...... :smile:

Sorry we didn't get to meet up euchrid, would have been great to put another face to a name.

No problemo.

It was arranged (or non-arranged) 'on the fly' after all.

It won't be long before my next trip to MK. We can precision-engineer the next meeting! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it, will need to arrange it so I can borrow the wifes car again.

I'm also in MK tomorrow actually.

Would be excellent to grab a coffee with you (either or both of you!) but not sure if it will be logistically feasible:-

My wife is doing the Race for Life thing at Campbell Park (starts at 11:00).

When the 'Race' is underway, I shall be doing a quick shop with my daughter then meeting up with the missus again for a bit of family shopping & a Muck-Donalds lunch before heading off. This has all been planned (by her indoors) for months so any change of plans suggestions on my part will most likely result in two items precious to me being removed with rusty pruning shears.

Fastfreddy2 - I have your mobile no. & will call or text if a window of opportunity should show itself. Will also 'keep em peeled' for you as I wander about the place.

I'm still very much up for it in respect of a proper shopping trip.

a lack of free time at weekends + school half-term hols + a backlog at work has been putting it on hold thus far.

<actually, I like the scent of Old Spice very much! :thumbsup: >

See if you can guess who, by pure coincidence, was also in Milton Keynes?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OMG... you were sat on the wall opposite burger king when I came out with my mate! I wondered why you gave me such a long look...

Guest Loveshiheels

Still up for a heel meet at Bluewater. Might be better if we go before schools break up for the summer holidays.

anyone in southern england wanting to meet ?

Hi and welcome.

There is currently a small group "working" in the background to organise a meet up. These events are fraught [if you've read the thread] with minor problems even if people commit to day/time/location. Four of us could have met in MK last weekend as four of us were within 800 yards of each other for a good chunk of the afternoon. Only two of us met, and that was only because 'shyguy' was good enough to come back to MK having waited for me - for too long during his first visit that afternoon. "Thank you" again! :smile:

I now have shyguy and euchrid's mobile numbers, and they have mine. This is potentially key, as place/time are easy to miss on the day. As an example, at the Watford meet last time, the initial grup walked right past me, despite them having met me before. Fortunately Dr Shoe was dressed as Tara, so I recognised her.

So that's three of us mentioned. Foxylady who is close to me is interested. Dr Shoe might be interested, though that's like inviting a shoe-shopping whirlwind to the meet. [EVERY shoe shop has to be visited, and shoes have to be tried in every shoe shop. :smile: ]

I'm going to High Wycombe in a week or two anyway. I prefer weekday visits with me in heels because there's fewer chances of meeting gobby teenagers, though I've not met any yet, at any time I've been out. Saturdays are good too, but likely to be busy.

Bluewater is mentioned often, with good cause. The 'girl' shoe shops there are all men friendly, the bigger stores exceptionally so. [Lakeside isn't so bad either.] Bluewater is mostly open to 9pm, with some stores [M+S] until 10pm. Laakside is open to 10pm every weekday, and possibly Saturday too. If travelling, it means it's possible to have all day shopping, walking, eating and drinking. In fact, if it wasn't for the best restaurants being at Bluewater, a Bluewater-Lakeside day would be possible, rather than Lakeside-Bluewater day. Going to both, or more normally the single venue will provide 2 things: A day out with like-minded people, and plenty of opportunity for sore feet. :thumbsup:

As the weather improves (yeah right) opportunities exist for walks along Oxford Street, or places along the South Bank. [Museums, shops, eateries.] Camden is also believed to be a good place to go, but not in stiletto's with so much uneven cobblestone about. :wink1: Which reminds me of Brighton....

Jury's out.

Perhaps we all need to think about putting a stake in the ground.

DATE?

Lets propose some dates?

I don't have to babysit anyone on Saturday 21st June, so that's a good day for me, if we're going to meet at a weekend. If we don't arrange a meet somewhere on that day, I'll probably go to High Wycombe anyway.

That's two weeks this Saturday?

Any other offers? FOR DATE.

I don't have to babysit anyone on Saturday 21st June, so that's a good day for me, if we're going to meet at a weekend.

Saturday 21st is A-OK for me also.

Guest Loveshiheels

Might be up for High Wycombe, but can not do 21st June. I be in Jersey.