Wearing heels to concerts

Elegant

After quite a long time without heels, I decided to go to a Clan of Xymox [a Dutch gothic rock/ darkwave band] in heels. I arranged a meeting with some people from a gothic forum, had a beer with them in a club, painted my nails and put my boots on. After an hour or so, we went to a concert. I applied some lipstick and had lots of fun, the gig was really good. Some compliments, too.

My outfit: black shirt, dark red tie, leather coat, pants, corset and women's blazer [i like the cinched waist look :)], 3" chunky heel knee-high boots.

Oh, and of course I'm gonna go to Castle Party [a dark independent festival]...

Anyone had some nice concert adventures?

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Ah, no pics? Sounds like a blast anyway - and I suppose that with the goth scene anybody can get away with things like that, really glad you had a great time out!

I attended many concerts many years ago in men's high heeled shoes and boots. There were many other young men dressed in "rock concert outfits" and high heeled footwear. I attend jazz concerts now, but have not attended wearing the high heels that I usually wear these days in public. The people at jazz concerts are as wide a mixture as you might find at some rock concerts. I'm just going to have to bold up and attend one sometime in my stiletto heels. I'm glad you had a good time.And good luck on your future concert attendance.;)

always wear heels to concerts cos i'm instantly 4 -5" taller and can see over more heads... saw BLS last year, wkd !! Soulmate loves bryan adams so goin again.... Wanna see mylene farmer cos she's the spit of soulmate... Anyone up for rock gigs in london?

Hi all, I usually go to classical concerts, orchestral and chamber, in a long skirt though not always in heels. But I've never had an adverse comment or reaction from anyone. I'm going to a concert next Friday, I haven't worked out my outfit yet. It depends partly on what the weather is likely to be; I don't drive so I walk to the concert hall from home, about 20 mins. As long as what you are wearing 'works' and is attractively coordinated, it seems that it is far less likely to be seen by the mundanes as controversial or challenging. Best wishes, Tosca.

Still rainin' still dreamin'

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had some nice concert adventures?

I did some indoor street-heeling at a gig last year - see http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/8031-heels_headbanging.html .

I did the same again at a gig back in March - LunarMile @ Camden Barfly - I took some stiletto boots to change into and did so as soon as the lights had gone down and all eyes were pointed stage-wards. Easy!

Third time was last Friday - Kamelot @ Islington Academy

Took the boots in again. Changed into them in a quiet corner then checked-in my rucksack so no possibility of 'chickening out' & changing back until end of the gig.

Spent 3+ hours watching the bands & exploring the two-tier, many-staired venue. No one noticed and, as had been said before, there are so many other guys doing their own thing attirewise, it would - i'm certain - be no big deal to anyone if they did notice. IME there is always a great, safe, easy-going atmosphere at metal gigs - every member of the crowd is there to hear the music and let their hair down. They're not there to pick a fight over someones choice of shoes!

I'm hoping to get to an Alter Bridge gig in November. My boots are already polished in readiness! :roll:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

get the outfit right, thats the secret !! Macho wear and heels is a ??? for other people....

Exactly right. If the whole thing works together, there shouldn't be a problem. And it has to work for your specific physique size. Women, I'm sure, make the same assessments on themselves (ladies??) as well as each other.

It's when things appear out-of-sinc or when your attitude / confidence level doesn't show that you're comfortable - that's when it doesn't work.

Dan

I haven't been to a concert yet in heels. But I have been to an open air movie in heeled Scholl sandals. It was on a warm summer evening. Many people wearing shorts, sandals, flip-flops, so I did not get any strange looks or comments.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

get the outfit right, thats the secret !! Macho wear and heels is a ??? for other people....

Yes. You are correct. I would wear a suit or sport coar and cassual shirt, possibly polo shirt with sport coat, and coordinated stiletto heels. When I wear this to a concert, I'll let you know what happens.