Ankle support

Marcus

Heelers usually say that they can reach their highest height only with an adequate ankle support, for example wearing boots.

Why? I've worn a pair of 16 cm boots and the ankle support was great, but it also "restricted" my ability to walk. A pair of 15 cm pumps instead were perfect to walk in and stand in, and I'm sure it wasn't that cm to make this difference.

So, is ankle support really necessary to wear High heels?

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

I don't think so. The construction of the shoe and the balance it provides considering the perfect attachment of the heel on the sole, the hardness of the shank and the positionning of the toebox regarding the landing on the floor is what makes a shoe confortable and walkable for me. I have well made sandals that are way more easy to walk then some cheap boots I bought some time ago of the same heel height. A shoe constructor once told me that the secret for a great balance in high heeled shoes is the part of the ball of the foot. If it's positioned in a way that the ball touches firmly on the floor, the shoe is easier to balance. If the ball of the foot don't touch the floor completely of if the point of the shoe touches the floor first, the shoe is hard to manage and a loss of balance can happen and you fall. On the other way, I have a custom made pair of boots that fit my ankles perfectly, are soft leather and don't restrict my movements. I don't think it helps to give support to the ankles.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.