Soaked

Duck

As people in UK will probably know, today was a bit stormy with the weather deciding to be mean. On my way to lectures it decided to chuck it down while blowing a gale and the rain stopped the moment I got inside. Anyway I knew that today I would be staying pretty late in the lab so as I have several times this term took some nice boots with me to wear on the way home. Finally after an amazingly sucessful day in which I now know that Rad51 shows very little cooperativity of binding ssDNA compared to recA at about 19:30 i headed out to a quiet place to change shoes and head home. At the time it was only drizzling a little and all seemed like a good fun idea. With boots sucessfully on I headed to Sainsbury's to get some food just before they shut or I would have no dinner :cool1: and all was fine. The moment I left the wind picked up the rain poured down, my umbrella imploded and I got soaked. In my battle with the elements I forgot I was wearing heels and the concept that men aren't supposed to wear them and charged on back home. Now reaching my computer, I would normally be thoroughly pissed off at the soaking but heels have saved me from despair ;)

Like these but in black, they're really comfortable and easy to walk around town in. Some people probably noticed, I don't really mind but it was unusually quiet around with such rubbish weather.

post-8047-133522854462_thumb.jpg

I have a pair of black ankle boots with a heel like that. I used to worry people would notice when I started wearing heels in public but as so many other people here have said hardly anyone notices. Now I'm not worried.

Duck –

Great story and thanks for sharing.

I’m not concerned that you got soaked, your fairly waterproof, but it seems like a shame to do that to that great looking pair of boots. ;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.