Polish joke and provocation

rmaciej1983

Son talk to father:

- Daddy, daddy, some guy wanted to rape me in the park.

- You didn’t escape?

- In high heels?

Look at this provocation:

http://www.joemonster.org/art/7773/Warszawianki-najpiekniejszymi-Polkami

It was in Warsaw. Someone took me photos and someone else wrote this article.

Translation:

“There are people who don’t need to convince that in Poland most beutiful are Warsaw women. This people who have another view just didn’t see real Warsaw women. And today we give this other people a chance to verification views. This is photo from Warsaw street. This photo present something that it couldn’t be named as a woman. It is OCCURRENCE.

If you thing that in another city than Warsaw there are most beautiful women, read more and check if you will don’t change your mind...

She is good? ;)

So, now look out...:cool1:

And what? In what city there are most beautiful polish women?:wave:

P.S. Remember! Never take a bet when you are drunk!”

Sorry for mistake in title:

polish joke i provocation -> polish joke and provocation

I may have lost something in translation here, but are you saying someone took your picture and then wrote a defamatory article It is allowed to take pictures of a person in a public place but not use them in a defamatory context, so you are within your rights to ask them to remove your pictures in this case.

Not funny at all if I'm reading it right. I thought polish jokes had gotten replaced by dumb blond jokes a long time ago. This is very distastefull on the person who tried to play you for a polish woman joke and bad joke on polish women all around, if I'm reading this right. TAKE ACTION!

real men wear heels

I may have lost something in translation here, but are you saying someone took your picture and then wrote a defamatory article

It is allowed to take pictures of a person in a public place but not use them in a defamatory context, so you are within your rights to ask them to remove your pictures in this case.

I thing that will be hard to do. I can summon them to the judgement but it could cost. And if i lose, i wiil have to pay :cool1: . And i'm lazy ;) .

Coming from a publication called "Joe Monster", I wouldn't be overly concerned at the editorial quality.

I didn't quite get the gist (notion/basis) of the report, so ran it through a couple of on-line translators. They did not do any better, so in some ways my comments are taking a 'punt' on what it actually means ....

So until someone comes up with a definitive translation including intent... :wave:

The article looks like it's saying that Polish women are not the 'stunners' or glamourous women that people in Warsaw claim them to be? It identifies a girl and suggests they are nothing special (or maybe even a bit manly?)

I have to say, anyone looking at the photo's in the report, and then making that sort of remark has obviously not seen photographs of Kate Moss. Had you been wearing sunglasses and a bit of lippy, (lipstick), you could easily have been mistaken for a model. ;)

Personally, I like your appearance. I'm a little surprised you are not wearing any make-up because it would complete your look, and the outfit could benefit from a little colour, somewhere.

The article has plainly upset you. It's a shame someone chose to write something this hurtful, but the name of the journal suggests they do this as a matter of course. [unless 'monster' means something else in Poland?]

I hope kneehighs and HeelD read this thread. These guys spend time around fashion people, and I'm sure both of them would also have flattering things to say about your look. :cool1:

Coming from a publication called "Joe Monster", I wouldn't be overly concerned at the editorial quality.

I didn't quite get the gist (notion/basis) of the report, so ran it through a couple of on-line translators. They did not do any better, so in some ways my comments are taking a 'punt' on what it actually means ....

So until someone comes up with a definitive translation including intent... :cool1:

Sorry for my not good english. You may learn polish ;) .

OK. In shortcut: They suggested that i'm a woman. Ugly woman. This article have title "Warsaw women - most beautyful?". So this is "proof" that in Warsaw live ugly women. This is just stupid provocation.

It identifies a girl and suggests they are nothing special (or maybe even a bit manly?)

Yes, a "girl". Of course they know that i'm a man. But maybe they are blind ;) .

Had you been wearing sunglasses and a bit of lippy, (lipstick), you could easily have been mistaken for a model.

Personally, I like your appearance.

Thanks

I'm a little surprised you are not wearing any make-up because it would complete your look, and the outfit could benefit from a little colour, somewhere.

It is not that easy. I tryed colourless lipstick and powder. But that's all. I'm undecided. Maybe i'll try.

[unless 'monster' means something else in Poland?]

No. In polish language there is no such word. JoeMonster is a name of the portal.

Yes, a "girl". Of course they know that i'm a man. But maybe they are blind ;) .

You know of course that cat-walk models are very boyish in looks? They are selected young, and under-fed to ensure they don't get womanly figures.

I tryed colourless lipstick and powder. But that's all. I'm undecided. Maybe i'll try.

Colourless? Wearing all black you should use some transparent foundation and seal it with some skin coloured powder. [Flatten your skin tone.] Then a little macara, and BRIGHT red lipstick. In the sun, sunglasses will help hide shorter lashes, and soften your brow. :wave:

No. In polish language there is no such word. JoeMonster is a name of the portal.

Good. It's an English term then. "Joe" is a common (meaning often used) name, in (say) America, and not that unusual in the UK. So, 'average' monster then? [unpleasant/provocative 'street' person.]

I honestly think the journal is having a broad dig at Warsaw women in general, not you. Unfortunately you were in front of the camera when the author was looking for material to write about. As with Kate Moss, some lippy and sunglasses would transform your look from slightly plain, (no colour or accents) to someone who looks stunning. :cool1:

Good. It's an English term then. "Joe" is a common (meaning often used) name, in (say) America, and not that unusual in the UK. So, 'average' monster then? [unpleasant/provocative 'street' person.]

Maybe. On JoeMonster there are many "unusual" photos.

I honestly think the journal is having a broad dig at Warsaw women in general, not you. Unfortunately you were in front of the camera when the author was looking for material to write about.

I think that they have this photos from some Russian. Because they wrote own article:

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=24915

People from JoeMonster are finding "interesting" photo in the net and then writting article.

Maybe. On JoeMonster there are many "unusual" photos.

I think that they have this photos from some Russian. Because they wrote own article:

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=24915

People from JoeMonster are finding "interesting" photo in the net and then writting article.

It's just a place to be nasty about people then? [Average Joe being a Monster?]

It happens all over the place I've found. There are many blogs/forums with what we [members of other forums I'm a member of] know as "keyboard heroes". These people never expect to see or meet you face-to-face, so will say nasty or provocative things, as they are safe to say them. ;) [They wouldn't dare say them to your face, as the level of rudeness would start an altercation.]

Now you know your image has been published in so many places, perhaps you can just enjoy being famous? :cool1:

Good luck with your new career? (Celebrity?) :wave:

Yes good luck! Well I thought the photos were really quite good. Most women would die for that figure. If you don't like them using your photos in the article, then no need to take it to court. Just find the webhosts and ask for them to be removed because you consider the article defamatory, and threaten them with action if they don't. They will usually comply with that if you can prove the photos are of you.

I quite agree with fast freddy that it is just someone who has found a place to be a thorn in everyones side.

As Firefox said many women (and a few men) would die for your figure. I found most of the shots to be quite convincing myself and only realized you were a guy from the front. You have a good style that is really much like my own and it is refreshing to see others who don't go over the top. I am also glad to see Warsaw must be a very accepting place for you to be yourself like that.

I have met many a beautiful Polish woman and think that this article is just plain rude and wrong.

Good luck and don't let this get you down.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

As Firefox said many women (and a few men) would die for your figure.

Nothin special. I'm just too slim and can't . I've got ckooked legs :cool1: .

From the front i'm looking like this:

...;)......

.. /O\........

../ O \......

...|.|........

.. (..)........

...".."........

So you see.

I am also glad to see Warsaw must be a very accepting place for you to be yourself like that.

In Warsaw there are crazy people too. For example. One day i went to home from shop. Suddenly two guys behind me started to laughting.

- This is probably woman - said one of them.

They went in the same direction as i. Watched me and relly wanted to know that i'm man or woman (i was wearing only woman's shoes).

- I will check - said one of them and ran to me.

- Are You man or woman? - he asked.

- Man.

- So why are you wearing high heels?

- Because i'm like it.

- Are you transvestite?

- No.

- So why are you wearing high heels?

- Because i'm like it.

- But you are not transvestite.

- No, i'm not.

- What's the matter. Are you looking for cops?

- No.

- Take this shoes off!

I didn't do anything. He beated me.

- Take this shoes off!!

I took them off.

- Do you know why i'm doing this? - he asked.

- No.

- Because i'm not wearing this kind of shoes.

He suggested that every man should dress like he.

- Go home barefoot.

When they wnet in own direction, i put my shoes again. And wnet home. Unfortunetly they saw me second time. The same situation, but this time i had to threw out my shoes to a trash. Of course i came back for them. But they sitll was there and started to chase me. I escaped.

That's in Poland. Idiots, cavemen, dark ages.

Today i came back from school in stiletos. My father said that people will don't like me. But i don't need to like by sick people. Especially if they beat or offend me. This people need a professional help.

I understand being upset at having a lot of pictures of you published, especially with comments that may not be complementary, but you were out in the public eye and that is one of the dangers. On a positive note, I think you looked great! :cool1: Heels and a leather skirt… only a pair of boots would make it better.;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

" In Warsaw there are crazy people too. For example. One day i went to home from shop. Suddenly two guys behind me started to laughting. - This is probably woman - said one of them. They went in the same direction as i. Watched me and relly wanted to know that i'm man or woman (i was wearing only woman's shoes). - I will check - said one of them and ran to me. - Are You man or woman? - he asked. - Man. - So why are you wearing high heels? - Because i'm like it. - Are you transvestite? - No. - So why are you wearing high heels? - Because i'm like it. - But you are not transvestite. - No, i'm not. - What's the matter. Are you looking for cops? - No. - Take this shoes off! I didn't do anything. He beated me. - Take this shoes off!! I took them off. - Do you know why i'm doing this? - he asked. - No. - Because i'm not wearing this kind of shoes. He suggested that every man should dress like he. - Go home barefoot. When they wnet in own direction, i put my shoes again. And wnet home. Unfortunetly they saw me second time. The same situation, but this time i had to threw out my shoes to a trash. Of course i came back for them. But they sitll was there and started to chase me. I escaped. " Talk about a bad incident! Was that the only time you were attacked? Were those guys drunk? skinheads? young/old? big guys? Were there any other people around? Like it would've made any difference if you lied and told them that you were a transvestite, he'd probably still attack you. Guys like that belong behind bars, or better yet, face flat in a dumpster. My guess is that they were either drunk or criminals. I doubt that even a group of young teenagers who were bored and looking for a laugh would not go so far as to beat you up. This is a very extreme case of some very extreme people. If you were all alone with them then I guess you did the only smart thing possible, run. If that would happen here in Canada and other people found out about it, that would be in the headlines and those punks would've been arrested. Nevertheless, don't let that one in a million incident stop you from wearing what you want. Maybe take precautions before going out like choosing where you go to, have like minded friends to walk with, carry mace/zapper/taser/baton etc.

I am deeply saddened to hear that people would choose to have such a mindless altercation. But then again their minds are definatly very small. Here in the states things like that have happened in the past and I'm sure they still do in some places but here in the state I live in it could be deadly for the attacker as we have a right to carry concealed weapons. I'm glad you haven't let them stop you though. If more of us men would dress like we wanted and less like everyone else (like women tend to do) then those with the small brains would have fewer people to beat up.

Again you have my deapest sympathy and respect.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Talk about a bad incident! Was that the only time you were attacked? Were those guys drunk? skinheads? young/old? big guys? Were there any other people around?

This happened in the middle of Warsaw. Many people saw that, but they didn't do anything.

This guys didn't look like skinheads. They are young. Short hair, shirts, jeans... Looked like boys to physical work.

This kind of attacks are rareness. But this is mentality of polish people. Sexism.

When I read the first posting from Macek in this chain I thought to myself "that's bloody brave" and then when I read the rest I was not surprised I'm sad to say. I'ved lived in Poland for 3 years now the last one in Warsaw too and I am very carefull about how much heels I expose when out and about. When my Polish collegues found out they very gently warned me that people would not understand but as individuals are pretty cool about it. Although there is a new generation coming through, it is still a very conservative country with a strong religious centre and a fierce national pride. I hope you can continue wearing what you want and I do like the shoes in the photograph.

So what's all the fuss about?