Calf to Knee width ratio

MetalTips

The musings of a heel lover (aka The Thinker with heels). How many people here who have knee boots have problems finding boots for large calf but perhaps with *normal* knee width and as a result find boots that fit both the feet and calf well but appearing somewhat bucket-like around the knee? Popeye need not apply... :santa_hat:

You're both very lucky in that respect. With having small knee width means buying boots with large calf and then at the top they get a bit wide, but not ridiculously obvious. I did wonder if getting boots that laced up would be better, but I'm not a bit fan of laced boots that lace all the way. Ones that laced only at the top would be ideal.

I have this problem. I used to be quite sporty, and my calves are pretty much solid muscle- any boot that fits around them gapes at the knee and the ankle! I tend not to wear high boots because of it, but stick to shoes- I count my legs as a blessing though, as they're the first thing my boyfriend noticed about me and the one part of me that's stayed in shape as I've gained weight!

I have this problem. I used to be quite sporty, and my calves are pretty much solid muscle...

Yeah, same problem with me from all the hiking etc. Muscular / shapely but disadvantaged by leaner knee! :w00t2:

I know what you mean about sticking to shoes or perhaps ankle boots. Did wonder about getting knee boots that have material from the ankle upwards if you know which ones I mean - they look fab and hopefully hug the calf upwards as opposed to leather uppers (or is the correct term "shaft"? :santa_hat: (E.g. Agnese from Ialian Heels)

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem with the muscular calves. When I where my thigh boots, they actually feel good around around my calves. But it is something to zip them up and pull them up. I got a size bigger when I bought them for the legs and especially my calves. They actually fit god on my feet, too.

Interesting topic: I used to be 65 lbs (30 kg) heavier, 4 years ago, and that translated into an extra 2" (5 cm) in the calf alone, not to mention elsewhere....

Then, I began running...up to 40mi (65 km) per week. Fortunately, no injuries. The bigger weight loss came from cutting back the food portions. My wife's plan - she gets all of the credit.

Boots wouldn't fit before - now they do.

Dan

Interesting topic: I used to be 65 lbs (30 kg) heavier, 4 years ago, and that translated into an extra 2" (5 cm) in the calf alone, not to mention elsewhere....

Then, I began running...up to 40mi (65 km) per week. Fortunately, no injuries. The bigger weight loss came from cutting back the food portions. My wife's plan - she gets all of the credit.

Boots wouldn't fit before - now they do.

Dan

I have begun a diet, exercise, and walking campaign. Feeling beeter and hopefully looking better, especially in my suits and high heels.

Diets do not work but eating right, a little resistance weight training and some cardio are a great combination , which if not mistaking, thats what your doing. Need any help, just ask. Free of charge. I got a real job so I train people for fun cause I just enjoy it. I believe your on the right track Ronieheels.

real men wear heels

well, I'm on the SOUTH BEACH diet johniheel, it IS working for me, but as I've found, is that it will work in different ways (& different periods of times) based on ones own metabolic rates so sooner OR later it WILL make a huge difference to me!:roll:

Diets do not work but eating right, a little resistance weight training and some cardio are a great combination , which if not mistaking, thats what your doing. Need any help, just ask. Free of charge. I got a real job so I train people for fun cause I just enjoy it. I believe your on the right track Ronieheels.

Thank you, Johnie. I think I used the wrong word again when I said diet. I have always eaten healthy foods and meals. In recent year I became an over-eater. I have just cut down on portions of what I eat and I'm already feeling better. I do appreciate the offer and from time to time I will pick your brain for advice.

Thanks again!:roll: