Pointed Toe-itis

MetalTips

From my experience with speaking to women (mainly) about their heel-wearing, most if not all say that their toes arent usually too affected by wearing pointed toe heels if the fit is right. Their *wisdom* says that the toes (and balls of foot) sit at the widest part of the shoe and not into the point. Granted that is the case and that there will always be the chance of the toes sliding into the point anyway through normal wear. Does that then make the case of how long the shoe should be as it tapers between the pointed part and the ball of the boot? Do you have the same experiences or belief of this?

Of course having the correct size of shoe helps. You don't actually want your toes to be fitting snuggly into the point. if your arch is supported by the shoe then this helps. A strap over the instep will also help to keep your toes from sliding forward. I think the best way to avoid it is simply not to wear pointed toe shoes all the time.

A strap over the instep will also help to keep your toes from sliding forward. I think the best way to avoid it is simply not to wear pointed toe shoes all the time.

Ah, yes, I remember seeing another thread about instep straps. I think I have seen shoes that have the strap higher and around the ankle which seems more elegant than that of an instep strap. Seems to draw attention to the ankle and somehow accentuate it. I guess those gel pads would also help.

There should be a 7.5mm gap between your toes and the toe of the shoe. This does reduce as the heel increases.

Is this a design rule of thumb? Doesnt seem much given that the toes would need a bit more from the widest point of the shoe before it starts to taper?

I remembered also another observation that I think I will add at this point. That being heels that come with long lace or ribbons that you have to tie from the ankle upwards, criss-crossing around the calf. Anyone have shoes that require this kind of fastening and any disadvantages of all that tying (and restriction!) Seems quite uncormfortable to the point of tourniquet! :santa_hat:

Seems a sacrilege! :santa_hat:

All my pointy toed shoes fit snuggly accross the instep that helps to keep toes in check rather than jamming into the toebox.

Rounded toes are mostly for home use, don't worry :w00t2:

And for some people like me true pointed toe box don't work at all. My foot widens at the toes narrows at the heel. I also believe that's where many people have serve foot problems, their foot was not meant for the pointed toe box. I can wear pointed toes where it's off to one side so it does not cause the big toe to to bulge out, semi pointed, rounded, and square I can wear as well. But not your true pointed toe box. :santa_hat:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!