Becoming high heel dependent by accident?

DDWW

I would like to hear people's veiws on the following: I'm gradually starting to wear my high heels more and more when I get the chance! In about 8 months of intermittent wearing I've worked up from 2.5inches to being comfortable walking in 4inch heels. My job involves standing for long periods at a time. In the last 2-3months I've noticed that standing in my flat shoes for these periods makes my heels ache a lot and I'm secretly wishing I was wearing a pair of high heeled shoes to take the pressure off them! I would much rather have more pressure on the balls of my feet than evenly distributed throughout the sole. It's unfortunate that due to the nature of my job, it would be unacceptable for me to wear high heeled shoes to work:( Although my high heel wearing has been intermittent, am I becoming more dependent on them (even a small way to becoming "permanently" high heeled)? I know there are people who deliberately set out to become permanently high heeled, but has anybody else noticed this sort of thing happen to them in an unexpected way?

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Well, since the first time I put heels on I found that they were more comfortable than my normal shoes (strange uh?). I walk better with them, and with less fatigue, so yes, I usually have your same feeling towards heels.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

DDWW,

your pain in the heels may well be a medical indication called "calcaneal spur". I know that because I am suffering from it myself. Wearing heels lessens the pain since it takes away some of the pressure, but surely this is not the preferred treatment. Maybe you should turn to an orthopaedist about it.

same for me. its not a "pain" as it is more of an ache. basically, my feet hurt or ache less in heels. i have a pair (quite a few really) of these shoes made by bare traps. they about about a 2 or 2.5 inch thick rubber heel. the shoes look very masculine. i wear them to work every day in the winter. if nay notices thay are really womans shoes/boots, they do not say anything. i would upload a pic if knew how.

I

Although my high heel wearing has been intermittent, am I becoming more dependent on them (even a small way to becoming "permanently" high heeled)?

I know there are people who deliberately set out to become permanently high heeled, but has anybody else noticed this sort of thing happen to them in an unexpected way?

I noticed a few years ago now that I was uncomfortable in flat shoes.

I started to get pain in my calf muscles and even right up the backs of my legs.

My doctor gave me some exercises to do to alleviate the problem.

I try and remember to do them but the pain I get from those exercises puts me off.

I suppose if wearing heels caused me any sort of social or practical problems I might be more committed.

I would suggest going to visit your doctor.

Whats happening is your tendons are shorting in the lower leg, they are try stretching back when you go flat footed, this can be remedied by excesses or variating heel hight during the day. In my case I wear steel toe shoes at work so shorting of the tendon is a non issue. However if wearing "extreme" heels, such shorting of the tendon seems to be unavoidable as it appears to help in mastering them. There have been in the past much discussed about this topic you, might want to do a search.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I'm not sure that this pain has anything to do with heel wearing. I am on my feet alot and have to replace my shoes before they appear to be worn out because my feet start to hurt. I believe it is because the padding inside starts to break down before the rest of the shoe wears out.