Heels as Decor for the Home

Boot Guy

Hello Everyone!

I tried something today and wondered if anyone else has tried it.

I took my boots and shoes and used them as decorations in my house. I hung my boots up on the wall and put my shoes on the coffee table and open shelves. I figured they should be out in the open and not in a closet. And there are several other good reasons to bring them out:

1-You get to admire them all the time

2- As you get different shoes and boots down to wear, you are always changing your décor

3- They are hanging with the tops open and get to air out and remain fresh and don’t develop wrinkles or creases

4- Anyone who visits knows immediately that you take your footwear seriously

5- If you need to fill in a blank part of the wall, you have a good reason to get another pair!:santa_hat:

I used paper clamps and clamped the zipper side so they are open on top.

I noticed that thigh high boots look fantastic on a narrow wall. They look even taller because the wall is the same general shape, tall and narrow.

I've seen where someone took a pair of skyscraper 7" heels and mounted them on a base and used them as bookends!:w00t2:

I was just wondering if anyone else has done this,

Thank you

Boot Guy

Well, we don't hang our shoes and boots on the walls, but my wife does display them all over the house, Some of hers are lined up across the fire place and she has displayed a lot of mine around my desk. We have shoes and shoe ornaments and pictures all over the house. It's a lot of fun. Seems after someone enters our house that it isn't to long after they're here when they start asking questions like, you got a shoe fetish or something, or, you really like shoes huh?.

real men wear heels

My wife and I decorate our home with all styles of high heels. I have some of my heels on the bedroom shelf in our bedroom. My closets have special shelves just for my heels. We have many of the "Just the Right Shoe" miniatures around the house and of coarse we have wall hangings of high heels. I love it Bernheels

My girlfriend decorates the house with her shoes too.... normally she leaves them on the second step at the bottom of the stairs so that I normally find them when I walk down the stairs first thing early in the morning...by standing on them in the dark. If its not her shoes it normally her handbags....where in this situation I dont step on them, my ankle is usually wrapped around the strap :@) She would be great at making booby traps.

I have a leg lamp with a high stiletto heel pump similar to the one used in the movie called "A Christmas Story" and a few other pictures of heels and people wearing heels for home decor. Even though I'm a bit fanatic about heels, I try to balance my taste for heels with other wall, table, and floor decorations. I don't want a look of being a retail heel shop. I understand high heel purses, cell phones, and chairs can also be bought for home decor if you want to go all out. I've considered it, but thought it was a bit too much, money wise and in appearance. I would rather use the funds to purchase the high stiletto pumps that ignites my interest, while just living each day. Have you seen that high heeled vehicle that someone custom-made?

• 2 weeks later...