How did you become interested in High Heels>?

never2high

Hello, please feel free to discuss how you became interested in high heels. Have you always liked the look or sound of high heels? At what age did you really fall in love with them? Did someone else get you your first pair? (friend, boyfriend, sister etc)

For me I was in my last year of high school and my boyfriend at the time (now husband) bought me a pair of black stiletto oxfords with a 4.5" heel. He suggested that I wore them to school with my kilt. After lots of practise at home I was ready to wear them to school and walk with confidence.:santa_hat:! I couldn't believe how many guys and even girls watched me when I walked down the hall. That is the most sexy I have ever felt. I now own 8 pairs of super beautiful (and high) stiletto heels. I Love them!!!

good question!!!!!!!!! probably when i was younger like 12 or so...I was trying on mommy's shoes and i was fascinated by heels...she had realllllllly gorgeous heels I would try them on and wabble through the living room...but even though i didnt understand the POWER OF HEELS...i thought they were the ultimate sign of femininity.

• 5 months later...

I think I was in my early teens. I gravitated to all thing feminine. I actually wore heels at a younger age with tights for special occassions, but they were about half an inch tall. Once I started wearing heels in my teens, there was no stopping.

I wore heels sometimes at school but not much, but I started doing ballet and dance and thought I needed to improve my balance and posture so got some silly heels to wear at home. My OH liked my heels so I got sillier shoes still (like stripper style platforms) and got tens of shoes over 6" high. I still love my platforms but also love expensive shoes that I wear out, and nice tall heels for work. So now it has taken over my life and I have heels for every occassion.

Hi, If anything my Mum was a negative influence on me. She is quite stout and always wore "comfortable shoes" no matter what the occasion. The highest heel I think I ever saw her wear was about 1". I have no sisters but was best friends with two sisters who lived across the street. We had a great time trying on each other clothes, though they both had big feet compared to mine so I could never borrow their shoes. When I went into 3rd year at secondary school I started to wear tights instead of socks and persuaded my Mum to let me have court shoes. I would have been 13 at the time. The heels weren't very high, maybe an inch or so, but I always chose stilettos to make me feel more grown up. By the time I turned 15 I'd discovered boys and enjoyed being noticed. My Mum would never let me have high heels so I got a Saturday job and saved up. My first pair were 3 1/2" stiletto courts. I couldn't risk being caught at home with them so I asked a friend to keep them and then I'd change my shoes at the school gates. I loved the feeling of walking in with the extra height and the sound they made on the hard floors. It made me feel special and the boys would sometimes wolf whistle. After lots of nagging my Mum finally agreed to let me have a pair of stiletto sandals for my 16th birthday. To her horror I picked the highest pair I could find - 4" silver and sparkly - for partying of course. Soon after that I came home in my "school" heels and Mum never said a word. I guess she figured I was old enough to make my own decisions by then. As my old shoes wore out I replaced them with heels and haven't looked back. Abi

• 1 month later...

Until I had my growth spurt around my 15ht birthday I always wanted to be taller and although I had no idea what a real High Heel was I wanted to wear something more grown up. I remember arguing with my mom to wear these 2 inch platform sandals that one day became a 3 inch pump and it never stopped. Well it has since there is limit to how high a shoe can be and it is certainly 6 inches.