Shoe fitting techniques

Marcus

Yeah, how can I try a pair of pumps like in front of dozens of people?

Simple. Sit down, take them out of the box, put your foot in. Its all a matter in having confidence in yourself. From the clerks point of view, a sale is a sale.

One tip on wearing hose (at least with boots) is to leave an extra inch of material loose around your toes. When the boots slides on your foot, it tends to grab the hose and your foot slides inside the hose rather then the hose sliding inside the boot. This can cause the hose to cramp your toes even if there is room in the box.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Originally Posted by Marcus

"Yeah, how can I try a pair of pumps like these in front of dozens of people?"

This same issue comes up, again and again.

And the name of the issue is fear.

The same worries used to plague me, too.

Then, I went to shoe stores, picked out styles, and simply asked the sales associates to, "Bring me this one in a size nine, please."

Never did they ridicule me, nor call me names, nor refuse service. They bring me the shoes. Selling shoes. That is their business, and not judging the customer's taste in footwear.

As to the other customers, by and large, there are busy selecting colors and styles, and trying on different sizes. Most do not care at all what other customers are choosing.

Honestly, I have been at busy shoe sales in large department and shoe stores, trying on stilettos and boots. Nobody cares. They really don't.

It is pretty much like buying produce at the supermarket. You look over the merchandise, choose what you like, and make your purchase.

Buying shoes is not, and should not, be a source of shame or embarrassment.

It is merely transactional consumerism.

Loosen up, and enjoy your shoes.

Yeah, how can I try a pair of pumps like these in front of dozens of people?

Buy the shoes on or around halloween. That's what i've done. It wasn't a shoe store, but a thrift store. The lady at the counter was like "What are you dressing up on halloween as? A girl?" I just said, "Yeah". Little did the lady know that i wasn't going to, that i was going to be wearing the heels on any day of the year, not just halloween. Then, put them on to see if they fit.