Heeling out in America, USA????

latindancer

I know a lot of you guys are from outside of the USA, but I was wondering about peoples experience going out in heels in America. What locations, places, towns? Reactions? What you were wearing? I just don't see myself going out in slingback or sandles with stilletoe heels, that will be very obvious. If you had though, tell me your experience and what happened. Maybe I will have the courage to do it then.

I go out in Central Florida. I don't know anyone else in the area that does. I wear 2 pair out but own 40. One is 4" beige boots that look like mens boots with a block heel. I wear long jeans with bootcut legs with them that cover the heel. Other pair is my avatar and I wear them with jeans or kaki pants. I did wear them for halloween in full drag. My wife loves heels and goes with me. I want to get to the point I can go out in my strappy sandals and spike heels. I have 2 pair of 5" boots with thin heels that might pass for mens boots (except for the heels). I will get out in them during December. Then Vegas in Jan..anything goes. CJ

Out and about in Charleston, SC; Savannah, Atlanta and Myrtle Beach. As I've recently posted in another thread on this forum, for the past 10 years or so, I have been wearing women’s shoes exclusively. I usually wear boots with block and wedge heels, loafer style sport shoes with 2½" to 4" heels and, occasionally, regular pumps with 4” to 6” stiletto heels to a few restaurants after dark. For business, I usually wear shoes that are less obviously femine. Reactions vary. 98% of the time no one notices. People are usually so wrapped up in their own thoughts and business that they don’t notice what I am wearing on my feet. The rest of the time, people notice but don't ever say anything. Just a quick look and then go on their way. Children are the most observant and the most vocal. They usually call attention to their parents with comments like: ”Hey look momma, that man is wearing high heels” or “women’s shoes” while pulling on their hand or clothing to get their parents attention, Although I have several pair of strappy sandals with 4, 5 and 6” heels, I almost never wear them in public or at the beach. I usually wear slides or low heeled sandals with shorts and T-shirts. I especially like clog type sandals in the summer. Occasionally, there have been some very unusual and surprising reactions. One, just the other day, was one for the books. My wife and I stopped at a Wal-Mart store in Charleston. My wife was trying to find a something specific as a Christmas present for our oldest Grandson. While she was browsing, I wandered over to the CD movie section to see what they had on sale. While I was looking through the latest releases, I looked up and noticed a nice looking, well dressed woman looking at me. I smiled and went back sorting through the selection on the rack. When I looked up again, this woman was standing just behind me and looking down at my boots. I was wearing a pair of black Nine West ankle boots with 3½” or 4” wedge heels that were pretty well hidden by the cuffs of my Levi’s. The woman said that she really liked my boots and stuck her foot out in my direction. I looked down and saw that she was wearing a pair of boots identical to mine. I smiled and responded, yes, we’ve got great taste. About this time, my wife walked up and the woman explained that she was complimenting me on my taste in boots. My wife told her that she found them on sale at one of the malls on the north side of the city last fall and that I had about worn them out before spring finally arrived. She told the woman that she was surprised when I pulled them out of the closet that morning and put them on since the weather was very warm. Much to warm for boots, in her opinion. The woman said that she almost didn’t wear her boots that day because she also thought they would be uncomfortable. However, at the last minute she had decided to wear them anyway. After all it was almost Christmas and winter when the weather was supposed to be cold. While this conversation was taking place, I was watching people walking by and, although several noticed us standing there, no one ever took a second glance at our feet or even noticed we were wearing heels. After several more minutes, we left the electronics area and moved to the check-out counter, walking confidently in our heels without attracting attention or reaction from the other shoppers, what-so-ever. We paid for our purchase and bidding the other woman adieu, walked up to the door checker and out the door to our car. On the way home, my wife remarked how pleasant that woman had and and how little reaction she had to a man wearing high heels. Especially when they were identical to the pair she was wearing. And, my wife guessed, we wore about the same size, These are the boots I was (we were) wearing.

post-12-133522850131_thumb.jpg

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

latindancer We have a few members here from the Midwest who have written about their street heeling excursions. The most prominent of which is Magickman.

Another one in the Twin Cities area is bluetango.

And then there is also r1g0r who if I'm not mistaken is also from the midwest.

Click on their user profiles and then click on the "find all posts by" for more inspirational reading.

Bubba136 Great story. Memories like that are few and far between...reminds me of the time when I met a girl and we were wearing matching Stuart Weitzman pumps. The primary difference is that in your case, the woman approached you.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

well, now dont forget me-I live out here in southern CA (south orange county) & I go out a lot (well, as much as I can that is) in my boots, look in my other posts as DEMONIAPLATFORMS, & then youll see me in my name sake boots( in my bedroom in those)as well as my NINE WEST boots I'm wearing in the pic that I took while sitting out in my backyard late this summer in the patio, I go out to town as often as I can in both but wear them a lot @ home too.

Well, just want to give everyone my new excursion out. I was wearing these heels during the day. They were in broad daylight. The heels were making their noise for all it's glory. Well, I went to Arby, Walmart, Payless, Target and Starbucks, and not one person said anything. I know a lot of people were looking but nothing. The best one was when I went into Barnes and Noble. I sat down on a chair in plain view, crossed my legs while I was reading a magazine. Therefore, the heels were in plain view. I counted 5 guys looking at me and the heels. Some for awhile, maybe wondering how they looked..... :wave: Women just smiled at me. But the guys just looked. Now, I know I can were anything and know one will care or say anything. I actually am hoping someone will say something, so I can at least talk to them. It's fun though, and I enjoyed my time out. 6 hours in high heels, stilletto heel, and pointy toe. AWESOME!!! Now, I must shop to buy more shoes, cause I got to get ready for spring, and summer.....:silly: Enjoy yourself people, it's fun and rewarding. Now, you don't to spend money on shoes and just leave them at home. Use them for what they are intended for........WALKING......HAHAHA...:smile: Latindancer

post-9863-133522850178_thumb.jpg

Latindancer, and the rest of you are right. I wear 5 inch stilleto heels out and about regularly elevating my normal 6'5" height to over 6'8", somewhat covered by longer slacks or jeans, but easily visible when walking. 95% don't notice, and nobody comments! I'd like a comment or too - but I'd probably have to go with a more obvious look - like thighbootguy does. Actually I'm quite happy in my current heeling mode. Today, in dark denim jeans and a casual button down long sleeve shirt, along with my trusty black lace-up oxfords.

I've had great street heeling experiences in Vegas and San Francisco also, and have to add LA to the list as well, especially the West LA and Hollywood areas. I've received a few compliments (mostly from women) while out and about, and have seen a few other men sporting heels around town (at the supermarket, restaurants, art shows, and on the street). I have had quite a few shoe store clerks ask me if I'd like to try on women's shoes when I was browsing in fetish and mainstream shops. I did have one negative reaction from a sales clerk, who gave me a disapproving "you're not going to try those on" look. I didn't ask her to bring out the goods, but it might have been interesting to see her reaction...