Question about height

Titou27

Hi all, A small thread in order to speak over heels height. When you are speaking over heels height, are you speaking about official manufacturer height (always the same from 35 to 45), or are you speaking over real heel height (changing with shoe size) ??

Dr. Shoe can answer this question. Measuring heel heights or lengths, is a crap shoot at best. Some heel heights are measured at the front of the heels. That is, the side of the heel that faces the toe. Other manufactures measure the height of a heel at the back, from the floor to the body of the shoe. However, the way I understand it, heel heights are proportional. That is, the length of a heel changes as the size of the shoe is larger or smaller. I read somewhere where manufacturer industry standards for heel lengths is based on a "model" size shoe. Perhaps a US Woman's size 7 and the height of the heal is measured on that size. If it measures 4", then that is the heigh (or length) that is advertised. Heels on the same shoe in a size 10 might be 4½" in length. Once again, however, I'm not sure all manufactures use this method. Bottom line, it's difficult to believe what the height of any heel is unless you have a pair and have measured them yourself.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the reply... I have now 3 pairs of shoes with one manufacturer 6". But as my shoe size is 44.5, the heel height is more 7". But when I speak over heel height in this forum, I always mention manufacturer heel height (official for EU 39).

However, the way I understand it, heel heights are proportional. That is, the length of a heel changes as the size of the shoe is larger or smaller.

Yes Indeed.

Today I was in the shoe department of Kohls, looking at some Vera Wang Boots.

Just for fun I lined up three pair of the same boot. From size 6 to size 11. With out a ruler on hand, I would say the height of the heels, and the length of the shafts, varied by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE