International High Heel day??

Dougal

Hey all been a long time since i've posted. I've just come up with a great idea, wouldn't it be great if there was an international or national high heel day where ANYONE could wear high heels?? Just a thought!

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward

Kneehighs! Some time ago there was a couple of comments and some pictures of a bunch of women in heels belonging to some sort of shoe club. I believe there was also some contact with the President of the club and conversation about her attending the forthcoming Feb, 07 heelmeet in London. What is the latest on this situation? Is anyone still in contactg with this group? and, most importantly, is the group's leadership still planning to attend?"

Kneehighs!

Some time ago there was a couple of comments and some pictures of a bunch of women in heels belonging to some sort of shoe club. I believe there was also some contact with the President of the club and conversation about her attending the forthcoming Feb, 07 heelmeet in London. What is the latest on this situation? Is anyone still in contactg with this group? and, most importantly, is the group's leadership still planning to attend?"

Hi JNR,

I think you are talking about this.

I don't recall mentioning inviting them to London, but their presence surely would be nice. As they don't have a club that meets in the NYC area, I have not remained in contact with this group.

:smile:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hey kneehgih, yeah i should be going this time! (he says) unfortunatley due to my job (and a certain amount of bad luck) i was unable to attend the last meet. its just after my birthday, so going to be having a few vinos to celebrate

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward

Anyone can wear heels any day they want at the moment though. I'm not a fan of these days like Halloween etc where people are "allowed" to do things. Just do it anyway! By waiting for a special day it reinforces the mental block some people have, that they have to have some special permission from society before they can express themselves.

It would be a good idea to have a certain day of the year where the general public are going to see blokes going about their daily business in heels everywhere they turn... that was the vision I had anyway...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Why not declare February 16th as International High Heel Day? After all, it is the day that, judging from the list of "attendees" at the Annual HHPlace High Heel Meet, there will be more than a sufficient number of men from various countries of this world, wearing women's shoes of all sorts -- especially boots -- walking the streets and visiting shoe shops in the Greater London shopping district.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It would be a good idea to have a certain day of the year where the general public are going to see blokes going about their daily business in heels everywhere they turn... that was the vision I had anyway...

I'm with you on this Dr. Shoe. It would make it easier for us guys to wear heels in public whilst promoting the issue in a nice, mature way. If such a day existed I think everyone on this site would be a whole lot happier.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave: