The Need For Height

JeffB

Forgive me if this topic has been mentioned before, but I've found that the longer I wear women's shoes in public, the greater my need becomes to wear higher heels.

In the very beiginning, I was content to wear nothing HIGHER than three inches until I was used to being out in public, and a goodly number of shoes sported only two inch heels. But now, I've discovered that I can't bring myself to wear anything LOWER than three inchers, and I donated all my lower heels to Goodwill and replaced them with higher ones, case in point, the following below which I recently bought:

Posted Image

When measured from the back, the heel tops out at just a fraction under four inches, and I can walk in them with amazing ease and grace. My co-workers at the office have even said as much to me. And, I feel great in those pumps. But anything under three inches feels dull and boring to me, almost like wearing flat shoes. I suspect that in time, FOUR inches will become my bare minimum! Does anyone else out there feel the same way?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yeah, I am finding that any thing less than three inches is getting boring. :grin: Is that why I been wearing my 4" boots more often? :smile:

Posted Image

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I also wear 4" daily, in fact all of my shoes except one pair are 4" or higher. What amazes me though is that some 4" boots I have feel higher than 4", this sure is the case with my 2 pairs of Tube boots. They both are 4", but definately feel higher, and the placement of the heel or heel-type are not an explanation. Lion

I bought a pair of 5" thigh boots last year but when they came I found taht the heel was more like 5.75". After wearing them most evenings and most weekends (around the house) for about four months, I now find that I can wear "proper" 5 inchers with the ease that I never could before and 4" heels feel like flats.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, I'm happy to have read that I'm not alone in this regard. Cool! I don't know if I can get away with wearing five inch heels at the office, heaven knows I'm tall enough in what I'm wearing now, but I'm becoming more and more comfortable in four inchers, and that height feels very natural to me. And the fun in heels continues....

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!