Does Sleeping in High Heels Help??

hckyplyr123

Hello everyone, I have a new pair of high heels that are a little bit too high for me right now and my ankles are not used to the steep arch. I love the shoes very much and I want to be able to walk in them without any problems. I understand, practice practice practice and I am doing that as of now, BUT does sleeping with the heels on help at all with allowing the ankles to get used to the steepness of the heels. I was thinking about sleeping with them thinking that my ankles would probably be soar but they might get used to be pointing down more. Then I thought about it more and I'm not sure if it would even help. If anyone has any suggestions on if this would help or any other way to help train the ankles to become comfortable in a steeper position involving the heels on or off, please let me know. Thanks

That was my biggest problem that I realized I would face. Is there anyway to keep the toes pointed down or kind of force them down?? If not for the entire night which could be bad, but for atleast a shorter duration and then relax and repeat?? I almost thought about figuring a way to pull the toes of the shoes back so the toes would be pointed down, would you have any ideas of how to pull that off as well??

Maybe you could try sleep on your back, but I'm not sure that's the solution. However there're special arches which can be worn while sleeping to train your feet & ankle to HIGH heels.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Sleeping in high heels will not help to train your feet for heels at all. foot restraint devices are dangerous and can cause permanent damage hot to mention the safety issues if you need to get out of bed quickly... The best way is to wear ballet boots for a few minutes beforehand...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

well, either of the three will work, but if you're looking for a quick 'fix' try the Devious ankle high boots. They do a good job of keeping your feet pointed down even when not standing in them. They are also pretty quick to put on/remove as the knee high boots have to be re-laced every time unless you replace the speed hooks with eyelets and use the zipper. The stretch thigh boots don't hold your ankle at all, and I havnt tried the lace up thigh boots from them, but I suspect its the same as the knee highs. That, or you can just hobble around the house till everything stretches out a bit and you can walk how you want. It took a while for me to do that with ballet boots as I didnt push as hard as I could have, but I got there.

(formerly known as "JimC")

This may sound strange, but one way that I have stretched shoes is to soak the in water (while wearing them) or shower with them on, then walk around (yes, its messy) for a bit. After they have dried, they should stretch a bit to fit your foot. This seems to work, but it will only work with leather shoes. Just a thought.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have seen heel stretchers in Ballet supply stores. I find the only way is to make sure the shoes keep your feet in the stretched position. Nothing but boots will do that. My ballet boots have not arrived yet but I have 5" boots that keep my foot stretched fully. I have slept in them but they get warm. I walk around the house in my 5.5" heels for about an hour making sure to stand (not sit). Then I can put on 4,5 or 5" heels and they feel very comfortable and I can walk very well in them. As they say..practice, practice, practice...