Black and shiny

Sarah G

Personally I think patent looks alittle cheap and too fethishie, also most fashion shoes are matt leather or pu.

Have a look on the web for Louboutins Pigalles in patent black, will probably change your opinion!!

SW

Honestly a girl can't have too many shoes!

.but for pumps..PATENT IS BEST

AGAIN....MY OPINION

I agree with this statement whole heartedly! But not just black, however. LailaLily mentioned red in a previous posting, and there is a really cool blue patent that many brands are marketing (at least in my area), that are to die for! Any time I am in the shoe department or a shoe store, it is patent in almost any color that catches my eye. I may be a magpie as well...:smile:

Style is built from the ground up!

On the other hand patent leather is really a polymer that is applied to a substrate. Often the substrate is so cheap (would you believe cardboard?) that the object has no real integrity at all. So the things look great - for a while, but then they start to fall apart of their own accord. The old saying still goes - you get what you pay for. Good, high quality leather products will cost more, but they're worth so much more.

No, patent leather is leather coated with a glossy material, today most often plastic. But it's still real leather underneath.

You're probably thinkihg about PVC.

Today I witnessed something that made me think about this thread. I was standing in line at a coffee shop today behind a young woman who was dressed trendy, but conservative. She was wearing a black top and gaucho-style pants, but the coup-de-gras was here patent-leather ballet flats. Even though they were flats, the power of patent leather made her look quite sexy.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 3 years later...